wakey wakey mr bear...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Apr 29, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

maybe the bears need alarm clocks

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Hunting slobs. I wish the bears would wake them up in their bed.

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Does Gello have Russian relatives?

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

It will be interesting to see gellos take on the story. He claims to hate bears but from his writing I get the feeling he believes in fair play.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I consider remote-detonated claymores "fair" when it comes to bears. I mean, c'mon, you can watch people bow hunt them over a trash can full of fruit on OutdoorTV.

I think this could be a good way to get a really quick handle on the U.S. bear population; one or two seasons of blood and some starved/saleable cubs ,and we would probably have that population down about where it belongs.

Dead bears, cuz it is hard to wipe your muddy boots on a live bear.

I guess they wake them first to keep from having to drag the body out of the hole?

edit* Ya know, if they were to put one of those feeding nipples on a .44, the cub probably wouldn't even see it coming, well not the first couple of cubs anyways. The lil cub with the white collar-looking markings would make an awesome umbrella stand.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

No heart, my man.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Who tears up when they swat mosquitos or use antibiotics to kill disease-causing germs? Eff da bears.

8. downsouth

downsouth New Member

You did not disapoint.

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

The 44 and nipple comment is more what I expected from him DS;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

10. fmj

fmj Active Member

Ole Gello would make some shrink a GREAT case study!

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I agree, but only after we have some......fun w him 1st;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

12. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

At first I was kind of upset, but shooting bears from a tank made up for it. That's way cool!

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

:mad: I can't tell you how angry this makes me. First, to shoot an animal at such an unfair advantage then to leave the cubs to die or even worse to sell them to a Russian circus. The Russian circuses are notorious for very cruel animal abuse in their circuses. This really pisses me off. :mad:

And I won't even watch the video.

14. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Not cool, I unlike Gello, like bears.

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I'm with Gello on this AND I add Wolves and Big Cats to my list of shoot on site critters.

Any animal with the ability and temperament to stalk and kill humans should not be tolerated near any human population.

I would submit that anyone who disagrees with this has never been close enough to a wild Bear to justify an opinion.

Tack

16. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Gello, did you have a bad experience with a bear? Just curious.

17. winds-of-change

I am not sure these bears are near any human populations. These bears are shot as they hibernate or are groggy from being awakened from hibernation and the cubs are left to die or live a miserable life in a Russian circus. I'm not sure this is ethical hunting or self defense.

18. linuxuser3890

linuxuser3890 New Member

I'm not sure I can agree with you on this. If you are going to kill a bear it might as well be while they are asleep, simply for safety reasons. Saying that they need a to be aware is kind of like saying if you are going to use scissors you better do it while running. I don't know about you but I was always told not to do that because it was dangerous.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

19. winds-of-change

What is the purpose to kill these bears. As far as we can tell, they are in their natural habitat and not bothering anyone. Do you really think it is fair hunting to shoot an animal while it hibernates just for the sake of shooting the animal? It did not state anywhere that these bears were a problem, were threatening humans in any way. I know most hunters to be fair and ethical hunters. They hunt animals in their natural habitat and it is a fair, ethical and clean hunt. Shooting these bears while they hibernate is like going "hunting" and shooting a tiger that is caged just for the sake of being able to say you shot a tiger. Just to shoot an animal because you can and because it is a predator (even though it is not bothering any humans) I think is unethical and 'dirty' hunting. Also, they are shooting female bears that have cubs. I just think this is wrong any way you look at it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  20. kycol

kycol New Member

That is just wrong plain and simple. Just the same as using a spot light at night and shooting a deer. Yes I'm a hunter but never ever would I do such as this.