Waiting

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by Danothemano, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Danothemano

Danothemano New Member

How long does it take to get your FID after applying. My wife and I both have been waiting for almost two months. We are law abiding citizens with no criminal background.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Wait times on everything have been extended lately. Typically the wait on a firearms license is about a month and a half. If you haven't been back in touch with your licensing officer I would make a call. It shouldn't take too much longer.

3. Danothemano

Danothemano New Member

My wife just received her LTC with no restrictions today. I applied a week behind. It has been about nine weeks since her application.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is wait another week. There may be a felon with the same name as you or something that is slowing things down. I actually just went through a delay on a purchase of a 10/22. The ffl told me its ridiculous and that I should apply for a special file with the feds. Things are just all screwed up right now.

5. SendIt66

SendIt66 New Member

Waits are ridiculous. Tons of people are lined up to get their LTC. My rod & gun club holds the classes and they are always packed with people on the waiting list.

10 weeks from application to receipt is not uncommon.

6. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Kinda curious here...

What city/town do you live in?

7. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

I got mine in about a week. From the time I took my safety course, to the time I had my LTC in my hands... 9 days.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

In my area its 6 weeks is typical.

9. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Where's that?

10. Danothemano

Danothemano New Member

We live in Plymouth.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Massachusetts

12. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

I figured that. But where?

I first got mine in Sandwich. I moved to Quincy after I came back from Iraq, and it was time to renew, so I did the change of address at the same time.

It took longer to get an appointment with the Licensing Official than it did to get it placed in my hands - about 2 weeks for the appointment and about a week til I got the new license.

13. SendIt66

SendIt66 New Member

It was only 2 weeks for me in Oxford back in 2002. Friends of mine just got theirs in Dudley. His came in about 9 weeks and hers in 11. Both Oxford and Spencer, where I live now seem a bit more reasonable than was Dudley.

Since the local authorities have a bit of latitude, I suspect some just sit on the paperwork until they feel like getting to it.

14. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

One friend of mine that lives in Quincy got his in 2 weeks - this was a month ago.

Another friend that lives in Melrose is still waiting for his, and he submitted everything over a month ago.