waiting for license

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Roggow12, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Roggow12

Roggow12 New Member Supporter

so i had my interview three weeks ago and am waiting for license. i have a number on my interview checklist is there anyway to use that number to see what license number will be so i can check the ffl ez check licesne site

2. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

Use this waiting time to contact vendors. Start figuring out what forms you need whether you make them up on your computer or buy them. You will need a shredder, most likely a safe, a way of making receipts and maybe a card reader or means to accept charge cards. You business will be whatever you want it to be. The license is just a formality, the rest is up to you. Got business cards made up? Letterheads, rubber stamps....??

3. Roggow12

I have contacted all the venders and got all my stuff they just want my license now. Just curious if I got it or not or if there is a way to check on it. On internet from my number on my checklist.

4. FFL01user

FFL01user New Member

If you were assigned an FFL # in December you might have made the December listing. With the premises zip code and license or business name it could be checked.

5. Roggow12

No did not make December listing

6. FFL01user

FFL01user New Member

Your number will be 3-46-XXX-01-YY-ZZZZZ
    The XXX is easy to find as it's based on the county of your FFL premises. The "01" assumes you applied for a 01 FFL. If not, replace the 01 with the correct FFL type. YY corresponds to what the expiration date of the FFL will be which of course depends on the date of issuance. If issued in Dec. of '16 YY will = 9M. If issued in Jan. of '17 YY will = 1A. The last five digits are generally issued sequentially by state. Using the December '16 FFL listing for SD you could find the largest number and then go through thousands of combinations. Is it worth it? No... It's all for naught until the ATF plugs you into the system. Besides, any distributor(s) you're going to do business with don't care what you're FFL # is, they'll want a copy of the FFL (and in some instances a tax certificate) on file before they'll open an account or give you access to their dealer site. If you can't check it, they can't either.
    It won't take long...

7. Roggow12

Yah if I could figure there sequence out for last five I could look it up. And I know I can't do anything with them but the waiting is killing me. Would just like to look to see if I have it or not

8. Missouribound

they have 60 days to approve you....if that helps. They are keeping your check either way.

9. Roggow12

Just a quick update still waiting for license to arrive. Talked to agent who did interview and he said they sent everything to licensing center so should be mailed out any day I hope

10. Missouribound

Which suppliers have you contacted so far? Any of them willing to give you a credit line? Which are the most willing to work with you?

11. Roggow12

still nothing

havent been able to open any accounts being that i dont have my license so i am just waiting on that then should be good to go. will prolyh open with lipseys davison willImas shooting supply. thinking main guys will be chattanooga shooting supply they are the only ones that have called me and talked to me. but until i get license in the mail sitting on thumbs

12. weaselfire

weaselfire Member

Use the time to compile a list of suppliers. Work on your bookkeeping, get your filing set up, work on your web site, get your business cards, make sure you have the ATF forms, the new 4473 for example, and polish your business plan for world domination. Or at least breaking even on monthly bills within two years.

My wait was for my local government agencies, they required the FFL and ATF wants you to be fully legal to do business within 30 days. Took close to three weeks to get the local paperwork so I was sweating. :)

It all works out as it's supposed to in the end.

Jeff

13. Roggow12

Already done with all of this just hoping today is the day

14. Roggow12

Finally came today. Hooray. So now to register with nice and fire the license off to distributors. Anything else a guy should do

15. USMC6317

USMC6317 New Member

I feel your pain. I sent in all my paperwork in January 2017. Bank says they've cashed the check. I'm waiting for an interview. Any update on yours? Did they wait until 60 days?

16. Good002

Good002 New Member

Use this waiting time to contact vendors.