Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is 7 weeks since ATF deposited my check and no word yet. How long has everyone else waited to get the call from a field agent on ffl application?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called the licensing center this morning and was told the background check was still pending. He also said they "officially" received the application June 18 although they cashed my ck June 14th? So Monday will be 49 days. I'm just not a patient person. I hate waiting :)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I think it took a little over 2 months for me. I called the local ATF office and they said oh yeah I have your app on my desk. My want to try giving your local office a call. Are you applying for an 01?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it took a little over 2 months for me. I called the local ATF office and they said oh yeah I have your app on my desk. My want to try giving your local office a call. Are you applying for an 01?
Yes an 01. i'm assuming it hasn't been sent to local office yet since it is still in the background check stages?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Yes an 01. i'm assuming it hasn't been sent to local office yet since it is still in the background check stages?
Yeah probably not I didn't see that :D my bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW for anyone wondering. When i asked about the 60 day timeline he said they now take 60 - 90 days.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the 60 day timeline for them was a law or regulation.
That's what the gun control act says. When I asked them about it they had no problem telling me it was 60 - 90 days. I'll call again Thurs. or Fri. and check the status.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Every agency has another that oversees it. Part of checks and balances. I would look into it. Contact your lawyer. If it is in the act, it is law. And they are just as accountable as you and I would be. I know lawyers are expensive but that's ridiculous. Sue for court costs. You are trying to start a business. We can't let them get away with this. It will turn into the standard. The only way they get away with it is if no one challenges. Make a phone call.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I filed my App. I was told the 60 day time frame. at around 60 days i called and they said we have been looking for your location, IN THE WRONG COUNTY. Some asswipe at the Licensing Center encoded the wrong county code on my application.

3 more weeks later I got my interview and the license was "Expedited" after that because of the clerical ****-up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called again this morning to the Licensing Center in WV and was told it was mailed yesterday (8/15) to my field office.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts