Waiting for FFL interview...

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Boogyman, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

Today is 7 weeks since ATF deposited my check and no word yet. How long has everyone else waited to get the call from a field agent on ffl application?

2. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

Called the licensing center this morning and was told the background check was still pending. He also said they "officially" received the application June 18 although they cashed my ck June 14th? So Monday will be 49 days. I'm just not a patient person. I hate waiting :)

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I think it took a little over 2 months for me. I called the local ATF office and they said oh yeah I have your app on my desk. My want to try giving your local office a call. Are you applying for an 01?

4. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

Yes an 01. i'm assuming it hasn't been sent to local office yet since it is still in the background check stages?

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah probably not I didn't see that :D my bad.

6. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

BTW for anyone wondering. When i asked about the 60 day timeline he said they now take 60 - 90 days.

7. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

56 days and still nothing.

8. Tedennis

Tedennis New Member

I thought the 60 day timeline for them was a law or regulation.

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

But who's gonna enforce it?

10. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

That's what the gun control act says. When I asked them about it they had no problem telling me it was 60 - 90 days. I'll call again Thurs. or Fri. and check the status.

11. Tedennis

Tedennis New Member

Every agency has another that oversees it. Part of checks and balances. I would look into it. Contact your lawyer. If it is in the act, it is law. And they are just as accountable as you and I would be. I know lawyers are expensive but that's ridiculous. Sue for court costs. You are trying to start a business. We can't let them get away with this. It will turn into the standard. The only way they get away with it is if no one challenges. Make a phone call.

12. Woodys45ACP

Woodys45ACP New Member

When I filed my App. I was told the 60 day time frame. at around 60 days i called and they said we have been looking for your location, IN THE WRONG COUNTY. Some asswipe at the Licensing Center encoded the wrong county code on my application.

3 more weeks later I got my interview and the license was "Expedited" after that because of the clerical ****-up.

13. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

I called again this morning to the Licensing Center in WV and was told it was mailed yesterday (8/15) to my field office.

14. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

Today is 9 weeks (63 days). No call yet.

15. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Should be at the field office. I would give them a call.

16. fireman63

fireman63 New Member

I guess I am lucky, less than 30 days for my call

17. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

Lucky indeed. What State are you in?

18. fireman63

fireman63 New Member

GOD bless Texas

19. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Any word yet ??? you are at 10 weeks now right ?

20. Boogyman

Boogyman New Member

Yea I got the call last week and he asked several questions. Made sure I had zoning cleared, etc.. Said he would call back later this week to set up a date and time.