Waffle House Customer Shoots Robber

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by AIKIJUTSU, Jan 23, 2012.

1. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Waffle House customer with CWP shoots and kills a robber.
    Spartanburg, SC-- Investigators said a customer at a South Carolina Waffle shop pulled a gun and shot one of two men trying to rob the restaurant. The perp was pronounced dead at the scene. The county sheriff said the customer would not be prosecuted. Chalk one up for the good guys.

2. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

4. phburks

phburks New Member

Its sad that these young kids give up their lives over a few bucks, but that's the path they choose by committing the crime. I would have done the same thing as the customer, but it still is sad.

5. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

It appears that there is going to be an epidemic of perforated perps. Maybe that will prevent some future crimes. Anybody who'd try to hold up a place like Waffle House (or Mc Donald's, or other fast food places) when full of customers is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. At least, not any more.

6. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I'm glad the only people that got hurt where the stupid ones, sad that a 19 year old died sure why not, but he made that choice. He had the option to drop the gun and get arrested and live but he chose to do the stupid thing and get shot...

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I hope dude got to finish his hash browns & with a free warm-up on his coffee.

Anybody else find it interesting that they had a mug shot of the dead robber right handy?

8. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

It is sad when a young American is killed serving his country. The killing of a young preditor attacking peaceful American Familes eating a meal does not need my prayers. What if this animal had killed children during this crime? :rolleyes:

9. orangello

orangello New Member

Then our ninny of a Nannystate government's crones probably would have prosecuted the fallen tots' parents for risking the cardiological health of the children by bringing them to Waffle House for fatty foods.

It's kinda sad when the biggest joke around is our government.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I find it sad that criminals make that choice, not that they get killed while preying on the defenseless (or those they were HOPING were defenseless)

11. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

The Law of Natural Selection.

They naturally selected crime as their modus operandi, and a bullet made their already-conceived offspring fatherless just like they themselves were growing up.

12. phburks

phburks New Member

I guess I just find any loss of life to be a sad thing. I agree fully that the customer had no other choice and the kid brought it on himself. Of course he was in the wrong and placed a big red target on himself. Like I said, I would've done the same as the customer if it meant saving my life and the lives of the other people around. But that still doesn't make it any less real that a life was lost. Was the kid a hardened heartless criminal? Or was he just the result of a really messed up upbringing? In the moment of self-defense those questions don't matter and you do what you gotta do. But when I stop to think that this kid was only 19, it would make me wonder what led him to literally throw his life away.

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Once a person makes the decision to commit violent acts against innocent people,they have NO moral value to me. Whenever a person is killed while commiting their violent crimes,they get exactly what they deserve

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

I'll buy that.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

gun contro working as intended. how exactly is it that a 19 year old man get a hold of a handgun when its illegal for anyone less than 21 to posess one without consent of a parent or guardian. just another example of why all gun control needs to be repealed.

but im sure he was just using the robbery as a means of turning his life around

16. phburks

phburks New Member

See you lose me when you say someone has no value. Life is life, no matter whose life is lost. If a criminal places me at the crossroads of choosing between my life and theirs, well then I'm going to choose to save my life. But that doesn't mean I want to kill someone. I simply want to not be killed.

Difference of opinion or difference of perspective I guess. Everyone is free to see it as they wish. Just sharing one more viewpoint.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I respect your opinion and the way that you think about people. I have dealt with the criminal element for a little over a decade. I have sat and talked to hundreds of inmates about their crimes while i worked in the prison. Alot of them show no remorse for what they have done to their victims, and some would say that they did but if they discharged you would soon see their face on the 10 o'clock for robbing or killing someone else. I have worked on the streets and worked the crime scenes,and ive seen the pain in the victims eyes while i helped clean up the mess left behind. Ive had to tell the parents that their sons or daughters had been killed, and ive seen children placed into DHS custody because domestic violence ended in bloodshed.

I think the way i do because......... I do

18. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I understand where you are coming from. It is sad that someone had to die. But, at least it was the right someone. I hope I never have to take a life. But if put in that position, I would have done the same thing.

19. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am a Christian. I feel that anyone can ask for forgivness. Some people just choose not to...or they wait too long.

20. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

what are you trying to say? this statement can go in the way of @19 already
    had a rap sheet or Conspiracy :confused: