Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having a AR10 - 308 built by a local gun store. Most parts are coming from STAG since they are well known for ambi and left handed parts. Still resourcing other parts and trying to do some items in flat dark earth.
I have done a bunch of research and thought about using the mentioned scope. A couple of articles mentioned the same scope for the AR10 for many good reasons. I havent mentioned it to the builder yet to get his thoughts, but I certainly wanted peoples opinion here.
I already have an AR for CQB. I wanted to push the range out a bit with an AR10.
Thoughts?

TIA

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I'm not a Vortex fan, I've seen too many of them fail / break over the years. Yeah, Vortex has a great warranty, but how many times are you going to use it before you buy a different brand.

What's your budget for a scope?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
I have a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 and so far it's been a great scope. The optics are clear and bright. It is a FFP scope and has a bit of a Christmas tree reticle, not sure I'm a big fan of that, but I can't deny how clear and sharp it is.

A lot of friends have Vortex stuff and I haven't heard a single one complain about anything breaking yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts