vortex strikefire

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by ultimate-soldier5, Feb 15, 2014.

1. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

got one from cabelas, they are on sale and i like it. from packaging to qualityholding a zero to it seems to be what i was looking for without spending $400+ on a red dot, highly recommend it to anyone on a tight budget that needs a tactical optic

Attached Files:

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have one. It worked well for 6 months until I could save up for an Aimpoint.
    It works well other than the dot is larger and gets blurry at higher settings. The on button was easy to bump and I wore batteries out quickly. The Aimpoint is impossible to accidentally turn on which is ironic because the batteries last for years if I accidentally did.
    The Strikefire is down to $120 which is crazy cheap. They work very well if you keep feeding them batteries. I've never had problems with holding zero or durability with the vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. ultimate-soldier5

ultimate-soldier5 New Member

i have the aimpoint on my m4 at work and its nice but to me its just not worth the money.

4. goldspurs09

goldspurs09 New Member

Have one on my 50 Beowulf....The mount is like concrete if it holds up to this recoil...Here is my 2 cents on it

http://youtu.be/uF-09LWgSks

Attached Files:

5. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Good red dot scope. You may want to add the flash killer. I found them on Amazon.com at a low price. Your scope is already threaded for it. It just screws in. Deer keep looking up at me in my tree stand. I finally figured it out why. They were seeing the light reflection on my scope lens.

Vortex.jpg

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Cabelas has the Strykefire for $99 with the low mount.

7. FLIPCO

FLIPCO New Member

I got mine cheap from Cabelas and it does the job....Most retailers are selling them cheap now to make room for the Strikefire 2 which changes where the ON/OFF switch is since the original Strikefire ON/OFF is sensitive to accidental bumps turning it ON without you knowing it. Most just rotate it counter clockwise so that the switch is blocked by the upper receiver rail helping prevent accidental bumps turning it ON but then the windage and elevation adjustments become opposite.

[​IMG]

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

At $99 I ordered one to put on my Mini 14. I replaced the hand guard with an Ultimak rail so it will sit forward of the receiver.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014