Vortex strikefire red dot

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by goodwrench78, Apr 11, 2013.

1. goodwrench78

goodwrench78 New Member

What you guys think about vortex strikefire red dots ??

2. Kdub

Kdub New Member

For the money I love mine. Got the ar riser for my rra. It's no eotech or acog, but for the price they can't be beat.

3. BigBizz87

BigBizz87 New Member

Just sold mine to get a holographic sight. the strike fire is a great red/green dot just a little too big for my liking that's the only reason I sold mine. for the money its great but also check the vortex sparc for a smaller well built optic

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Good optic steller warranty no other budget rds type has a lifetime no questions no bs warranty. Its a no brainer for a lowend rds.

Its not an aimpoint or acog type ruggedness but they arent terrible either. Not a good choice for ohsht everything just went to hell the zombies are coming. But for a plinking fun cheap optic that doesnt lose zero its a good one. Mine has stood up to the recoil of 458 winmag.

5. goodwrench78

goodwrench78 New Member

Thanks guys for the info, I just picked one up for $160. I hope it does well,

6. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I love the Strikefire. Enough so, that two of my $1200-1500 builds wear them. One wears the 2X magnifier, one does not.

First off, this optic is an AimPoint ripoff, no doubt about it. But it's a good copy...probably in the vicinity of 90% as good, at 30% of the price in my opinion. That's tough to beat.

Different folks prefer different stuff. And we all have differing budgets. But I can't imagine you'd beat the price:quality ratio of a Strikefire. Lots of nice features for $150 or so:

• Lifetime warranty
    • Ready to mount with no additional purchases
    • Holds zero well
    • 2X maginifier
    • Long battery life, w/ auto shutdown after 8 hours
    • Waterproof to 50ft (beyond that, your optic is the least of your probs)

I do have some nicer stuff. But honestly, I wouldn't (or...didn't) hesitate to mount these on serious business, gotta work everytime rifles. As always, mitigate any potential failure (however unlikely) with a $50 flip rear MBUS.