vortex strikefire or sparc?????

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by whiptail, Jun 17, 2012.

1. whiptail

whiptail New Member

I want to put a red dot on my ar15 (stag model 3) and would like to try one of the vortex scopes I just don't know whitch one to go with.what is the major differsnce between the vortex sparc and the strikefire? Anybody have a preference between the two and why??? I'm new to the red dot family and would appreciate any help with making a decision.

Thanx
    Bob

Happy fathers day to you dads..I spent the day with my son at the range today.

2. DanZZ

DanZZ New Member

I have had the vortex strike fire, not a bad optic for 150 bucks the lens covers are a bit tight though but they work. The sparc has a smaller tube and more limited view and the location of the controls don't help it out. So if it was between those 2 I would take the strike fire save 50 dollars and put it towards more ammo.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ive got a sparc and a strikefire. For a rifle go with the strikefire. Easier to find the dot and you get a no poi shift change as needed red or green dot. Comes with 3 mounting options.

Sparc is lighter smaller dot but its harder to pick up in very bright daylight. Works good on a plinking handgun i like using it on my ruger mk3 22/45. Comes with almost as many extras as the strikefire.

Ive used both on my 458wimmag for 40 510grain loads at 2100fps and neither lost zero. Damn tough optics. Ive destroyed a nikon african monarch scope and its knocked the xhairs loose on a leupold vx7 with that rifle.

My vote on your application is the strikefire

4. whiptail

whiptail New Member

Thanx guys, I orderd the strikfire should be here any day!!!I plan on using it with a 45 degree rail mount I got from Yankee hill. Mounted next to my Nikon p223.

Thanks again
    Bob

5. DanZZ

DanZZ New Member

You should get a picture up when its all together

6. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Only con I had with the strike fire is how easy is was to turn on... other than that loved it

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Yesterday i just got the Sparc which i bought from PSA last week. PSA had it on special for $150 with free shipping. Just by looking and holding it, it was a good deal to me. Decent size, not too big and comes with 3 mounts, 2 batteries and a magnifier.

8. whiptail

whiptail New Member

My strikfire came yesterday so far I love it.will mount it tomorrow and upload some pics.

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Whiptail.. did u get it from PSA too?

10. whiptail

whiptail New Member

No I paid 169 thru amazon w/free shipping....I had fathers day gift cards.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Oic. Cos PSA is having sale on Vortex

12. dimitrin

dimitrin New Member

I've been considering putting it on a 45 offset next to the scope but can't find any pics of someone else doing it.
    Do you have any pics you could post?

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

this thread is over two years old since it was last posted on and that member hasn't posted in over a year. maybe another member can be of help to you.

14. goldspurs09

goldspurs09 New Member

Have the Vortex strikefire on my 50 Beowulf....Works great on that weapon...here is a pic and my review
    http://youtu.be/uF-09LWgSks

Attached Files: