Firearms Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my vortex from PSA, but haven't had a chance to go shooting since I got it. I noticed that there seems to be a little bit of movement in the mount (front to back) when I have it tightened down all the way. Has anyone else noticed this with their original mounts from vortex? i am consideing going the larue mount to see if this solves the movement priblem.vortex

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
My prefered mounts are adm. Ive got some larues im not at all happy with. I swap optics a LOT and the larue acog mount was tearing up my rails. It was also loosening up the more i used qd feature.

When you mount an optic on a rail you need to push it forward in the rail slot or it can easily shoot itself loose. That may be your root issue

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I have the mounts they sent me and haven't seen any movement in them

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I have made sure I pushed the mount all the way forward, I've tried it on different sections with the same result. I still have movement front to back. Any suggestions on a cantilever mount that won't tear up my rail?

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is my first optic for my first ar, so maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing granted the vortex cost me 120, I'm not expecting aimpoint quality. The upper is a flat top PSA 16" middy.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
psa should be a good railed upper. vortex warranty is superb if you contact them they will make it right. out of spec mounts are always a possibility. i use a strikefire on a couple different guns its the best non aimpoint rds out there.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Thanks guys, I think I'll fire an email over to vortex and see what they say. I like the adm cantilever mount, would that be compatible with my strikefire?
im not sure. im using the vortex mount. i use adm on everything else as im [email protected] i got sucked into the larue hype.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Copeman60 said:
Is the vortex strike fire worth getting for the money
Considering the discount I would say yes. I haven't had much experience with aimpoint/eotech, so for what my opinions worth I would think the strikefire would suit the needs of most if price is a buying point for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've got an Aimpoint on a Daniel defense, eotech on a rock river and vortex strikefire on a DPMS. Having various quality of red dots, my only major complaints on the vortex are the dust caps and position of power button. The caps are a pain in the *** to close properly and I'm always accidentally powering on the red dot. For a cheaper alternative to the Aimpoints and eotech,I would recommend the vortex.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
one other thing i forgot to add. most of the mounting systems that vortex ships are ADM mounts if you have one with yours then you just need to tighten the nut a turn at a time till it locks solid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.