vortex review?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by jjfuller1, Jan 29, 2013.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

They are comparable to the Nikons. They have a slightly better warranty and are made in the USA. The glass is produced in another country though.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Depends on what Nikon your talking about . My buddy has the crossfireII in a 50mm and its really too big of objective for a AR even with extra tall mounts and the big hand guard . Vortex makes great stuff but I would compare the crossfire to the low end Nikon stuff , its not going to be in comparison with the Monarch mid grade stuff as far as clarity . Vortex has a No BS warranty which is great and the guys in their customer service are great people and their stuff like the viper and razor are top of the line products over 95% of the other stuff out there

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

The Diamondback line from Vortex is a better option unless you can afford the Viper or Razor.

I have a pair of Viper binoculars and they are amazing.

5. minniehill

minniehill New Member

I have bought 3 vortex scopes in the past year. 2 vipers and a crossfire. The crossfire was defective when I got it home. They picked up postage. I had it out Monday and back Friday, no questions asked.
    The crossfire is of acceptable quality, I love my vipers!

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

my wife has a crossfire 2 its on par with nikon glass. i would lean to the vortex over nikon simply because the vortex life time no bs warranty smokes the nikon 1 year warranty that doesnt cover accidental damage like the vortex does.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

well, i suppose i'll try it.. just ordered a crossfire II 3x9x40. for $89. if i deem its not good enough then ill just upgrade and re-arrange scopes.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

you didnt go wrong ,where else can you get a qualty scope with a no BS lifetime warranty for $89 ?

9. minniehill

minniehill New Member

Very true!

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Vortex scopes are not made in the USA.

11. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Is it worth the difference in cost for say a leupold mark ar scope, about $350.

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Thanks mr.fedex. So far very happy with the scope.

Attached Files:

13. antikythera

antikythera New Member

vortex vs nikon? that is a toughy! Nikon has great glass and their company has been around a LONG time but Vortex has way better warranty and customer service. i would say Vortex.

14. tnel74

tnel74 New Member

I have a vortex diamondback 4-12x40 ao and I love it! Great scope for the money. Better glass than the nikons in my opinion

15. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

I can't comment on there scope (yet, but i will prob put one on my next rifle), but I love their binos. Best warranty/customer service also. I was in some thick brush and got my eye piece covers ripped off and lost, they gave me new ones in just a couple days at no cost so I could get back to hunting ASAP. Great glass too. I've been very happy.