Volquartsen Rifles

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by MCarter788, Oct 4, 2012.

1. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

So I was at my local gun store the other day and noticed a gun on the wall that looked like a beefed up 10/22. I was interested because I have little 10/22 at home that is decked out with Butler Creek components and decent barrel on it, but this gun just looked absolutely crisp in comparison to mine. So of course I asked if I could see it. Once I got that gun in my hands I knew I wanted one. It was actually a .17 HMR caliber rifle, and I really wasn't sure about that caliber and if I had a good use for it. So I was curious to hear some peoples opinions on the Volquartsen Rifles, the .17 HMR caliber and the quality of the Volquartsen in that specific caliber. I have read one useful article that gave me some confidence in the rifle. Here is a link... http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek099.html... So everyone who has any personal experience or knowledge in this subject please share!

[​IMG]

2. msup752

msup752 New Member

I like the .17 hmr. It is extremely accurate and moves so fast there is little drop between 100 and 200 yds. I take out rabbits and ground hogs with my Savage.

3. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

Does no one else have opinions on Volquartsen???

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I have no experience with their complete rifles but I do have a trigger group in my 10/22. Top quality in my opinion, though I prefer the Kidd trigger group to the VQ. I do know that the .17 HMR is not recommended for semi-automatics, but I don't recall why. Maybe VQ has rectified that problem. Other than that the .17 HMR is a fabulous round. I highly recommend it.

Oh, and I am really wanting to try out their Inferno stock some day. I will probably never be able to afford it though- https://www.volquartsen.com/products/920-inferno-stock-for-10-22

5. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

VQ makes better 1022's than Ruger ever dreamed of doing.
    Downside? Cost...you get Perfection & Style, but you dang sure pay for it...

There's a reason VQ makes the 1022M and Ruger no longer does...
    it takes high-precision parts & hand-fitting to make .22WMR work properly in semi-auto...
    precision and perfection which come at a higher cost than Ruger's price points allow...

Of course, those VQ Fluted Barrels are drop-dead sexxy as well!!!
    Snake flutes!! Only thing they need to do is use Salma Hayek as a model!!

6. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

So what about the rifle that I posted the picture of in .17 hmr... Does anyone think that it will have as good of accuracy as some of the bench rest models that VQ has?