Viral Web site mocks Wal-Mart customers!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Well walmart didn't exactly play a small roll in what is wrong with america today dear.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How did walmart screw up America?

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You're kidding right?? :confused:

4. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Numerous ways if you haven't realized walmart is a monopoly. Personally, I refuse to shop there. Have you ever seen a person loose weight eating walmart foods???? I didn't think so. They allow so much BS to be put into the foods that they sell so that people will continue to want to eat more and more and more. I am not saying that walmart is the only ones to blame for fat lazy americans and our loss of money, but like I said they didn't exactly play a small roll. For example, yesterday I pointed out to Aaron that when I was a little kid (I know not long ago, but still before walmart was SUPER popular) when I saw an over weight person I was like wow you know you didn't see those very often. Now, I go to the store and I see a skinny person and say wow. Tell me, isn't that terrible? Children that are raised these days see overweight people and think nothing of it what so ever. I used to weigh 125 pounds. I lost weight since I moved in with Aaron and started eating right. I am now down to 95 pounds, but I am still not all that thin and yet when people see me now they say oh wow you lost too much weight are you eating right? I went to see my doctor so that I could get my mother to stop asking me these questions and he told me I could stand to lose a bit more lol. I mean really people see you as if you have to be at least a little pudgy to be healthy which is wrong... Sorry I am ranting.

5. spittinfire

I just don't understand why everyone is always blasting them. They found a role in the economy and played to it. Are they too big? In my mind yes but so are a number of other businesses. Banking and telecommunications come to mind. I think Regan did the right thing by breaking up the phone companies and keeping competition in the market and I believe the same thing could be beneficial if applied to walmart. Do I shop there? Sometimes, but if I can buy it from a local shop I will.

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I don't think Wal-mart is a "cause" of what has happened, there the "result".

7. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

It's way too much to explain.

8. spittinfire

Then apparently I've totally missed the boat....

9. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

It's something you have to look into to find.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

My wife and I probably shop at Walmart twice a year. We only buy stuff that's made in America. It's no big deal to me, I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole WalMart thing.

At least as of today we can still vote with our feet and our wallets. Now eventually, when Chaiman Maobama and his Minions of Darkness get GUM established, it will be a different story.

11. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Well I'll have to say that I've seen more shabby dressed and awkward people in Wallmart stores than anywhere that I have ever shopped. That even includes K-Mart and Target, however, they come in a close second to Wallmart. I havn't shopped in a Wallmart for quite a few years now as I have found that weather it is American made or forign made most of their merchandise is junk. I do, however, buy my Fruit of the Loom Boxer Brief's at Target and thats all I buy there.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  12. Robert NC

Robert NC New Member

Spitty
    Sam Walton started his company based on buy American, Sell American, Employ Americans. It is now buy everything overseas, sell it for a high price, and kill all other competion when they move into a town. Take Mooresville. There is really nothing else for competion.
    Can't count Target. It cost more. They are french owned and don't support the Troops or Salvation Army.

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I am sure that Sam is cursing his kids from above. :mad:

Still, one could say the same about Home Depot and other large 'box' stores. Until things change in trade agreements with the ChiComs, this is what we have. Don't blame the company for making profits, blame the unions!! I'm 100% serious!

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

How is wal-mart a monopoly? Target sells the same stuff as does many other stores. Like Costco, BJ's ect.......

To be a monoply you have to be the sole provider of something. Like AT&T was a monopoly a government created one but it was.

Samples that has to be the dumbest thing I have seen you type.

They are big for a reason. They have a good business model. Don't hate walmart because they are making money you are not.

mo⋅nop⋅o⋅ly
      /məˈnɒpəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [muh-nop-uh-lee] Show IPA
    Use monopoly in a Sentence
    See web results for monopoly
    See images of monopoly
    –noun, plural -lies.
    1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
    2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
    3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
    4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
    5. a company or group that has such control.
    6. the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.
    7. (initial capital letter) a board game in which a player attempts to gain a monopoly of real estate by advancing around the board and purchasing property, acquiring capital by collecting rent from other players whose pieces land on that property.

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Seriously?!? Has ANY of you studied Global Economics?!?!

The money you spend at Wal*Mart gets syphoned off, by way of taxes, bribes, leans and tariffs, DIRECTLY to the Chinese Government when Wal*mart, in all their cost savings to you glory, buys another shipment from the 3rd world sweatshop of "whatever the hot product of the moment" is.

The Chinese government, in case you missed it, has been using that money to buy up most of America.

Did you REALLY think they just made all that investment capital by growing Rice?!?!

Sweet Jesus People - Look around.

Attached Files:

16. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Oh good grief. You don't think walmart controls prices??????!!!!! BS Walmart is everywhere. It is hard to find a place to live where you don't have a walmart within ten minutes of your house. I live way out in the country and I still have TWO within ten minutes of my house. Now, say you go to target to buy your boxer briefs and they are 3 dollars and you say forget this I will just go to walmart... Next day you go to walmart their price is 1.50... Now why is it that walmart can sell fruit of the loom for this price, but Target cannot... Oh yeah Target isn't AS huge as walmart and they have to stay OPEN. Target does not have the option of going up to 4 dollars on your fruit of the loom because walmart has such low prices target is barely getting away with the 3 dollars because of certain regular customers. But, Target needs to go up to that price because they are losing 25 cents every time they sell a package. Walmart is getting such deals from fruit of the loom because they buy in such quantities for their thousands of stores. (this is a rough example, but you get my point.) Walmart also has a real estate agency did you know that? Not to mention walmarts gas stations. Walmart is slowly taking over anything and everything that it can in ten years get back to me and then say that this is the dumbest thing I have ever written.

17. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

The scenario you describe is not controlling prices. It is market competition, which is the foundation of our economic system. It's true that Wal Mart has a cost advantage due to their volumes, but they didn't start out that way. They became more successful than their competitors because they did a better job managing their supply chain. They reinvested those profits in growing their business. That enabled them to get to where they are today. In short, they managed their business better than their direct competitors (K-Mart, Target, etc.). If you really feel so deeply that Wal Mart is bad, you are free to go buy your Fruit-of-the-Looms at Target. If enough people feel the same way and act on their beliefs Target will continue to be a successful competitor to Wal Mart.

Earlier comments were made to the effect the Wal Mart was responsible for the epidemic of obesity in America. Exactly what food is it that Wal Mart sells that isn't sold at every grocery store in America? Ultimately, people are responsible for what they put in their mouth. There are plenty of healthy eating options out there for those that care. You don't need to drink those 32 oz big gulps of high fructose corn syrup laden soft drinks people!

For those concerned about all our Fruit-of-the-Looms (or whatever) being made in China, I encourage you to read The World Is Flat, by Thomas Freidman. It is a real challenge, and one that should not be ignored here in the U.S. But, I'm afraid the horse is out of the barn on this one folks, and there is no getting it back. The 3rd world economies will inevitably want to rise to our standard of living, which will create lots of economic disruption here at home until they reach that level. The good news is that eventually they will reach our level at which point their costs of production should be no lower than ours, but that is probably going to take a good long while.

Edit: BTW, the only thing I buy from Wal Mart is ammo!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  18. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

Walmart controls all of the prices of it competitors to the point at which it is a monopoly. it's not competitive pricing lol its walmart washing out their competition slowly like I said give it ten years.

Walmarts meats are full of steroids and do you know what they pump their chicken up with? Estrogen good yummy male hating estrogen which is why you find a lot of males having larger breast than women. If you think thats good for you then so be it. You men were discussing the female like tendencies of todays youth you think pumping them full of a female hormone helps? and yes a lot of stores do this, but walmart does it the most and the majority of people shop at walmart. I have done research on all of walmarts "alternative choices" such as the all organic and all natural foods... They are not all organic nor are they all natural. The USDA regulates it's organic and natural foods very lightly and allows some things to pass because they are "natural". And I did not say that walamart was the only one to blame. They are not not in the least but I throw walmart and mcdonalds up at the top.

19. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

As long as there is an alternative business where you can purchase the same/similar product, it is not a monopoly. Today Wal Mart is clearly not a monopoly. Could they become one in the future? Perhaps in some locales, but not across the board. There are too many people (myself included) who would never buy many of the products they sell. I buy none of my food at Wal Mart. I buy none of my clothing at Wal Mart. I do buy a lot of my ammo there (all U.S. made BTW).

Probably the same for all the meat you can buy at a regular grocery store as well. We buy all our meat at a local butcher. It's quality stuff that is raised without hormones. Does it cost more than Wal Mart? I'm sure it does, but it's important enough to me to spend a little more. The butcher has a thriving business BTW, and there are two Wal Marts within 5 miles of his store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.