Violate the "S" at your peril

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JonM, May 15, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

violate any or all of the Shoot, Shovel, or Shutup rule at your own risk. this poor bastard found out the hard way when libretards are in charge

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Damn, see what happens when you are honest?

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No good deed goes un-punished.

4. fmj

fmj Active Member

fact!!!!!!

5. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Isn't that the truth!

Thomas

6. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

My post from a similar thread;

This is a case study in why our country is circling the drain!

"Central government's preeminent failure exists in its inability to distinguish between one’s behavior as innocent or malicious." - [​IMG]

8. cottontop

cottontop Guest

This guy was obviously not a union member.
    cottontop

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I hope this situation is reviewed and the employee is rehired. Maybe that employee should sue his employer for having a loaded gun on the premises where said employee could have been seriously hurt or killed while mowing. ;) I mean really, the employer had the gun on the property before the employee had 'possession of it'.

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

+2

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

First, let me say I'm in agreement with all of you, this guy got hosed. Having said that, he waited for a police car to pass by? Pretty much everybody has a cell phone these days. If I were in his shoes, I'd leave the piece where it lay, call the police and let them take it from there. Had he done that, him and his boss would still be on the job.

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

He will sue and get his job back with back pay, benefits and attorney's fees. This will cost the taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars and the morons who fired him couldn't care less. It won't cost them a dime. Those responsible for the firing should be fired and docked the cost of the settlement. This is just exactly like the "zero tolerance" crap in the schools. No one wants to actually think, so they make blanket policies to hide behind. Any public employee who hides behind such bullsh!t policies is unfit to have a job, period.

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I know I'd shove a lawyer up their a$$, and have him

pitch a tent...

14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

There could have been prints to connect it with a felon if he didn't touch it, maybe even solved a murder. He probably changed his mind on keeping it for himself.

15. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts, where he was at, getting the police to respond isn't going to happen. They might show up a few hours later.

There's another interesting twist in state law, it says that local govt can not make laws restricting govt employees from carrying guns, unless they make a law restricting employee from carrying. IANAL, but I wonder if the county has such a law, and if they are even allowed to write said law.

As much as I'd like to think it was nefarious intent to avoid paying retirement benefits, I honestly don't think they are that smart. It was probably one of the anti gun liberals that made the decision.

16. Donn

Donn Active Member

Yeah, on second thought you're probably right, they'd have grown old waiting for the police. Like someone else mentioned, he probably thought about keeping it and had second thoughts. And unless there's a lot more to this, he will get his job back.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I have to primarily suspect nefarious intent to avoid. IMHO, at least

what we've been shown seems to indicate it.

18. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

Yes, it's likely true that the best thing to do would be to not touch the gun and call police as it has a decent chance of actually being evidentiary for something, much less in and of itself. Still, people don't always think with their brain. He did the right thing in the end and you can't argue intent. Robo hit it right on the money. It's unfortunate that in the end, the taxpayers are going to give this guy what he deserves for what those dimbulbs are putting him and his supervisor through.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Doing yardwork and the man didn't have a shovel?