vintage smith&wesson top break

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Reinhard, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

purchased this one today, a nickelplated s&w with 5 inch barrel and original mother of pearl grips,caliber 38s&w
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. orangello

orangello New Member

That is BEAUTIFUL! I love the look of the old top-break models. If you get a chance to take more pictures, would you mind snapping one of it in the open/loading position?

3. Reinhard

this is the only one I took with the barrel down, tomorrow I will take a pic of my four vintage smiths ,all top breaks, they are becoming somewhat of an addiction:D
    [​IMG]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Very nice Reinhard. I don't remember if this was asked before, but do you shoot any of your collection?

5. Reinhard

thanks, I would love to use them,but legaly its not allowed, there are many guns free for sale ,but only for collectors,when you want to fire it you need a permit:rolleyes: when you pop of a few shots with one of your collection guns,you risk to loose the whole collection, and since I am such a law abiding :D citizen ,I will keep myself to the law

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's too bad. :(

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

At least they don't need to be deactivated like they do across the channel.

I had an S&W break top until about 4 months ago. It just hung on the wall in my office. Orig Gutta Percha grips, orig bluing, and pristine. Sold it to a friend who "had to have it".

Mine had the exposed hammer and no grip safety. Bore was perfect.

8. Reinhard

deactived guns are scrap metal ,it's like a vintage car with the pistons welded solid
    they are of no use ,,,,its not only across the channel Rock,also holland ,germany,france ,and italy has a total ban on guns,
    sometimes the dutchies cross the border to belgium to buy some guns here
    if customs or police find any gun its by, by car ,and jailtime is surtain
    I surtenly belief that your friend wanted that gun,I have the same problem when I see one I want to have it

9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

That is a beautiful firearm there sir!

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Germany is tough but I have a friend there who owns a lot of cool guns (for now). Can the Dutchies buy them easily in Belgium?

11. Reinhard

so do I Rock, I know a german with quite an arsenal of guns ,but all with permit , most country's in Europe exept Italy allow legal gun owner ship to citizens,NOT ONE COUNTRY IN EUROPE allows to carry a concealed gun,
    but here in belgium you can buy all first generation SAA colts FREE ,no registration of any kind, swiss luger.30 para, free for sale ,all models of the automatic colts, model 1900 up to the model 1911 russian contract
    the picture shows a model 1911 russian contract ,it belongs to a friend ,this gun is in 45acp and sold without any registration or showing ID , do you know any other place with such gunlawes, all the single actions I own except the italian uberti are free for sale , no need to say that some thugs and scum found its way into the gun collector's world,and they are not in the game for collecting ,The dutchies and also tze germanz have no problem in acquiring the guns in belgium ,legal to sell illegal to cross the border with
    G-43 , K-98, lee enfield 303 , mossin nagant also free

[​IMG]

12. Reinhard

thank you, its my pleasure to share the pictures with you :)