view from a mother

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by 1HotMama, Dec 22, 2012.

1. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

2. opaww

opaww New Member

Its good and I do like it

3. vincent

vincent New Member

That was really well done...thank you for sharing!!

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Good for her...it's the 'reality of it all' that the anti's have a hard time with. They want to believe resorting to a firearm for self-defense is absurd and only a barbarian could think of it.

For many...violence has to hit home before they wake up...if it's not too late by then.

5. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Thanks for that Hotmama!! Great job

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Well done, indeed!:)

7. fmj

fmj New Member

as i have said for years, "nothing turns a gun hating liberal into a gun toting liberal like a mouthful of their own blood."

Thankfully nothing that traumatic as that happened in this case.

In reading it found a disturbing message tho. The line "rights afforded us by our founders."

Always remember friends...rights do not come from the founders or the Govt...they come from GOD. Each and EVERY human is "endowed by his creator with certain unalienable rights". To even suggest these rights are derived from Govt. insinuates that the Govt. may revoke or infringe upon our "Unalienable rights."

8. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

I wasn't a gun hating liberal before and I'm not a gun loving liberal now. My political ideology was never a reason for me to not carry a gun anymore then it's a reason for me to carry one now.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

THAT right there needs to be a letter to the editor of every paper in the country, and to every Congressman and Senator. EXCELLENT.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

applause to the author of that letter, as it was very well written. thanks for sharing it here.

11. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

Thank you all for taking the time to read it, I do a lot more lurking then posting in here but I read and learn a lot from the members of this forum.

12. pnolans

pnolans New Member

Wow! Better than I could have said it. Considering what an egotist I am, that's high praise from me! :)

Very well done. Thanks so much for writing this. I shared it on my FB page.

13. fmj

fmj New Member

Sorry ma'am! Absolutely no offense intended to you at all. I wasnt calling you a liberal in the least. I was speaking in generalities.

I am sorry that i didnt make it more clear...in no way was my comment directed at YOU personally. Deepest apologies.

Again, very well written. I as well shared it on my space book page.

14. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

And in general I will agree with you and thank you for clarifying.

I do agree with you that I'm very fortunate that on that night no harm came to my family. I thank God for that bc it certainly wasn't anything I did to stop it other than screaming at him like a crazy woman to get away from us. Guess I made enough racket that he got the point. Even unarmed I was unwilling to just lay down and be a victim, but I don't ever want to be that afraid and defenseless again.

Thank you for being willing to share my story.

15. fmj

fmj New Member

No ma'am, thank YOU for sharing YOUR story...i know too many that NEED to hear it in hopes they will apply it to their own situation.

God knows we have too many victims in this country and i want every person to understand that ANY of us can be a victim as easily as the next. The question is, "What will YOU do when evil comes to visit?" (this is not meant to ask you, 1hotmama what you would do, but speaking in generalities)

16. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Very well done! I loved it, great perspective, well worded, great message.

17. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

It's good, thank you for sharing. Have you read/heard what the NRA said about this situation and if so, what's your take?

18. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

My take is I'd much rather see teachers conceal carry and receive active shooter response training than have armed security guards at the school. HOWEVER I'd send my kids to school surrounded by guards with machine guns if that's what it took to make sure another shooting like this didn't happen and my children were safe at school. The problem is that the gun control advocates want to scream that it won't work without offering a proactive solution that would.

19. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Good point, you and I - Right here *Points at forehead*.

20. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

We're right here (points at own forehead) because we are capable of logical, reasonable thinking.