Video - Shooting produce with .45 ACP and 10mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by duelist1954, Jun 25, 2012.

1. duelist1954

duelist1954 New Member

After a trip down the produce aisle I headed to the range to shoot fruits and vegetables with .45 ACP and 10mm pistols.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wemnyb_CI[/ame]

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Further evidence that 10mm is superior to .45acp

3. Polygon

Polygon New Member

It's not evidence of anything. I'm not trying to argue that .45 ACP is a better round than 10mm. However, this was hardly scientific and you can't draw that conclusion from this video.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's not scientific in any way and I know it wasn't really meant as a comparison but you can still compare the damage done between the two well enough to see the 10mm is more effective at stopping tomatoes. Lol

5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

THIS! /\

Not, this \/

6. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Well sure! But the 10mm round he was using isn't in any way similar to the .45 ACP round he was firing. It was a relatively hot hand load. Why not compare some rounds that are nearly identical, at least as close as you can get and then compare? I would love to see that.

I don't see how my statement is in anyway inaccurate. All I'm saying is that I would love to see a fair comparison between the two. I'm not trying to argue which is better since I don't know. But that certainly didn't prove anything because the two rounds weren't comparable.

All that being said, I have a couple of 10mm guns on my wishlist.

7. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Yes- For extended distance potency/flat trajectory, and for rural work like a hunting/hiking SD sidearm. A G20 is the ideal lightweight hi-cap woods gun in my mind, even if I don't love Glock.

But for urban HD/SD, I'll take the 45acp's slower and heavier round, lower pressure/recoil/flash, and more common, affordable, and available ammo assortment.

In my mind they're two rounds that excel in very different arenas.

8. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

Sorry guys that just looked like fun no matter what he was shootin. I'm gonna have to get me some mellons.