VIDEO: Gun Bullies find lead buckshot inside 1911

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by LegallyArmedAmerica, Jun 21, 2014.

1. LegallyArmedAmerica

LegallyArmedAmerica New Member

2. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

This whole thing is pointless.....

3. LegallyArmedAmerica

4. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Are Rock Island guns made in USA..? I read somewhere a couple yrs back they were planning to open a facility here some time in 2014...Has that happened..? and are they planning to 100% make them here, or ship parts from the philippines, and just assemble here...?

5. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

What is being said in this video? How tough the 1911 is?

6. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

They do warranty work and some custom work here. I think they have plans to do some manufacturing here but I think as of now they're all still made in the Philippines.

7. crockett007

crockett007 New Member

Well, I'm pretty sure you don't, but I appreciate your professionalism. I probably could have been nicer. I just really get tired of all these videos filling weapons full of sand, mud...etc......meaningless waste of time. I didn't treat my M16 that bad in combat!

Shooting a pistol in a block of ice with a 12 ga.? it's just too ridiculous for me. What's next.......exposing the weapon to death rays from mars and dropping it from the Sears tower? I hope you dudes have better things to do with your time.

8. LegallyArmedAmerica

Crocket, actually we do appreciate your comments. We know that not everyone gets or appreciates the various clips from our show. That's why we appreciate negative feedback, too. Regardless of how unprofessional the person commenting may be, we still appreciate them commenting. We don't use the internet to talk smack unless someone gets personal with us. FYI: If you have or know where we can get a death ray, please let me know. (That's a joke.)

Legally Armed America TV Show
    www.LegallyArmedAmerica.com
    "An armed society is a polite society."

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i watched a few of the videos. i found them mildly entertaining, as i would never subject any of my guns to that type of treatment to begin with.

now, please don't get the impression that my guns are safe queens or are babied, as they are not. i use my guns, but i don't abuse them. i plan on keeping mine for many, many years to come.

10. Highpower

Highpower New Member

There are worse things in life IMO. You could have been watching a "Son's of Guns" episode..... :p

11. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

i know they have an ammo plant in Montana they opened a couple years ago, not sure if the new facility is up & running yet

12. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Neva ben done befo.

13. Axxe55

been watching Son's of Guns again, haven't you?:D

14. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

I will admit to watching a while back, but haven't in a while. I think the last one I watched is when they thought it was a good idea to basically put a claymore out the back of the SUV they did up. I laughed my a$$ off.

15. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

I am impressed

By the toughness of the gun ...and the sheer disregard for safety. Sort of a double edged sword.

1) Why would anyone attempt to fire a gun that has been shot by a shotgun without doing it from a from of protection ? What if the barrel was blocked and it blew up in your hand ? Guns do explode.

2) Knowing full well after that test that the gun was not operating correctly, you do a drop test with bystanders who could be shot IF the gun went off ?

I am sorry, I can understand showing how tough a gun is but throwing safety aside really irks me. Just my opinion.

16. Axxe55

first of all if you watched the video, they had a bore snake in the barrel. so highly unlikey the barrel was obstructed.

second, the magazine was loaded, but the pistol wasn't chambered, before they did the drop test.

17. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Like I said

Just my opinion

55 seconds in. Visibly damaged gun is loaded, Fired. Mag dropped. Re-inserted. Fired. Sorry, but that was dangerous.

1:57 in..No bore snake, loaded but hard to see if he cocked the hammer though his thumb is on it.

Congrats though on one tough handgun.

18. Axxe55

there was a piece of shot on the trigger bow, for the reason the trigger wouldn't reset until the magazine was dropped below the level of the trigger bow. plus they kept the pistol pointed down range all times.

when they shot the block of ice, there was a bore snake in the barrel, which they put there before the pistol was frozen, so the bore wouldn't be obstructed.

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It is very easy to perform torture tests safely. You only need three items to perform a torture test safely. All that is required is a vise, a piece of string to pull the trigger and a piece of 3/4 plywood backed with sheet metal. Most people have at least a vise and a piece of string on hand. The plywood and sheet metal are not that expensive when compared to a trip to the emergency room.

We have a lot of impressionable people out there. We have a lot of copycats. One should perform a torture test safely if they are going to post it to the world wide web. There is nothing we can do about stupid people but we shouldn't give them more stupid ideas.

20. willshoum

willshoum New Member

You wouldn't listen..........

Mother nature at work..................;)