Video about my new Taurus 1911 .45 ACP

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Steve32, May 1, 2011.

1. Steve32

Steve32 New Member

I got my new 1911 on Friday! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMATFsTOh7I]YouTube - Taurus 1911 .45 ACP Stainless Steel[/ame]

:cool:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Hey. I got one of those. I changed out the ambi safety and the hammer though.

Good looking pistol, where is the Range Report?? :D

JD

3. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

4. Steve32

Steve32 New Member

Thanks. The Range Report must wait. I don't have ammo, yet. :( I'm waiting for a good deal.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Isn't that like buying a car and not buying the gas? :)

6. WDB

WDB New Member

Nice pistol and a nice vid, I expect we will hear the same or better drama music when you can afford ammo and take it out to the range. A pistol with out ammo is an expensive club. Ammo prices are about as stable as they can be so the good deal is shopping a bit and save a buck or two.

7. Steve32

Steve32 New Member

I got 1000 rounds for $310. :D

8. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Sounds like a reloading press should be your next purchase! :eek: I might even know where you can find one for sale...

Just kidding. Taurus 1911s get a bad rep from all the haters out there. I have the older version with the polished flats and I give that gun hell. It's so full of sawdust from being in the shop and it's got all kinds of scratches. It probably hasn't seen a drop of oil in at least 2 years and I've got 5000 rounds through it without any problems. Mine gun is a reliable workhorse and I'll put it up against any Filipino 1911. I'd say you got yourself a good, solid 1911.

9. dallascj

dallascj New Member

I've got an aluminum frame Taurus 1911, and it shoots great. It was my first 1911, as I have resisted getting one, but this one is a keeper. Glad you got bullets, now go and shoot it!

10. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I must admit, even though i dont own a 1911 yet(hopefully in future) they are truly have a "classic" look.