victory model

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by rarnold15, Jul 5, 2012.

1. rarnold15

rarnold15 New Member

I have aquired a s&w victory model. 38 in some trading deals. Looks to be in good shape. Stamped US property and all matching numbers. Can anyone tell me how common they are and maybe an educated guess on the value?

2. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Google it. I googled S&W Victory and there were several pages of info. Guns America has some that they are asking $600 for.

3. rarnold15

rarnold15 New Member

Thanks I will do that.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Last one I had I sold a couple years ago, got $250 if I remember right. Out here $600 is a pipe dream. But guns vary in price in different parts of the country.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

They sound a lot more popualar & valueable than they are-
    Ones i've noticed on auction brought $300 - $450 or so.
    Much more a shooter than collector item.

6. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Agree, Hoss.

Most of the time there is quite a spread between the askin price and what it will sell for. I see items in the classifieds here and they dont sell right off, and if I want them, ususally I end up buying them at half of the opener. I figger that an item that sold for $200 ten years ago, really isnt worth $600 now. Depending on what it is, sometimes it really isnt worth what they gave for it. I did good on that 25-5 tho, especially since we can deal FTF here with no papers and no tax.