Veteran tells it like it is

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by chloeshooter, Jan 17, 2014.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

[ame]http://youtu.be/HvMn9hAPmjM[/ame]

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

He has my vote! That is what is wrong with most Americans today! They set back and complain but never tell it like it is! He was certainly upset and should be! It is our Constitutional Right! The Second Amendment does not say anything about stipulations on or Constitutional Right to keep and bear arms. PTSD = Putting Things Simple and Direct!

4. WebleyFosbery38

The feds fought that, they didnt want to have any responsibility for the Vietnam Vets when they got brain-phucked and tossed to the curb! Now its tossed around willy nilly like a diagnosis of depressed! Hell, everyone gets depressed, thats scary that they think sadness and normal response to trauma are now "Probable Cause" FOOG.

Funny part is PTSD didnt get much standing until Postpartum depression and Post Menopausal Trauma were glommed into it! If thats the case, there isnt a single Mother or Woman over 50 that should be allowed to have a firearm near them! No offense to my gently aged colleagues of the female persuasion here, thats the Governments idea not mine!

Personally, I think they may have it right about those post Menopausal Woman, What do you think Michelle would have done at that funeral in Africa if she had had a gun when BHO was taking Selfies with the pretty white lady????

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

There is an honest man exercising his 1st amendment rights about the erosion of our 2nd amendment rights. If we lose the 2nd, the 1st is next.

6. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

please tell me that you are not serious

7. WebleyFosbery38

Note the green!

8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Can PTSD make some individuals more prone to uncontrolled violence.? If so is it not reasonable to question their suitability to legally own firearms. Not an opinion just asking. Reminds me of a story in the UK press to today, do people think the soldier involved should have being legally allowed to own firearms.

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I guess I missed the 'green font =sarcasm' memo. :)

10. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

11. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

are you saying the guy is crazy? I didn't get that at all...only passion in his conviction

12. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

WTF you cant be serious my friend

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the green is duly noted!

14. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

You are not the only one.

15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Large numbers of Veterans with PTSD are not losing their Second Amendment rights. I know dozens of guys with PTSD and none have lost their gun rights. This willful lying and distortion of the facts is scaring young veterans away from the VA and treatment for their disabilities. A couple of young combat wounded vets i know refused to visit the VA for treatment because they would lose their gun rights: Some idiot on the web told them so. Bull$hit!!!

More lies and distortions debunked:

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/v/va-test-permit.htm

http://ptsdcombat.blogspot.com/2007/10/are-ptsd-veterans-slated-to-lose-their.html

i'm not sure anyone really knows. We do know that vets with PTSD seldom commit mass murder. Young wild eyed nutcases who never served are doing that. Great numbers of veterans do not murder folks. A veteran who is adjudicated a threat to himself and/or others should be reported to NICS: Same as non-vets. The same idiots at WND, Prison Planet and Examiner who make up these lies are opposed to reporting adjudicated dangerous nutcases to NICS: Go figure.

16. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Folks the purpose of this post is what the guy said. PTSD or not

17. Axxe55

just because someone served during combat and they have seen things and had to do things the normal citizen never will, and the come home with some issues, doesn't mean we need to keep them from owning guns.

my uncle served in Vietnam with the Navy on the rivers in patrol boats. i am pretty sure he saw some action there.

i would pay money to see someone tell him he wasn't allowed to own guns or that they were taking his away.

18. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

Your being an dumb a$$

19. WebleyFosbery38

Obviously you didnt get my point. No PTSD doesn't necessarily mean someone is prone to violence, No I dont think that PTSD is rampant with Vets nor do I know that the person in the thread is safe or unsafe with a weapon. PTSD is a real diagnosis and it challenges many vets, Shell Shock isnt a myth, its a fact of life for many who experience things only a Vet ever would..

Vietnam vets were denied benefits for all too many years, more than a few of them have some serious issues to contend with, a few are good friends of mine and none of them deserve any less rights than any other American. I was joking sort of about the women actually being the ones to make PTSD real in the medical world even if their experiences that got them the diagnosis no where compare to that which a vet that still hears the bullets whizzing by their head even when they are thousands of miles and many years separated from their tormentors.

Its an afront to all the vet does to clasify them less than a citizen after weve taken more from them than anyone should ever ask! I may be a dumb ass but Im not wrong on this one....

20. Axxe55

well said WebFos.

our veterans have made sacrifices that most will never make in service to our country. they deserve so much more than they get in return for those sacrifices. and also, many made those sacrifices willingly. they wanted to serve our country. and most did so with honor and distinction. many paid with their blood on the battlefield. many died doing so.