Very effective muzzle brake

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Nathantc, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

I will post a link as soon as I can find some one who sells them.

I got this free from a guy that told me it was the best he had ever used on a bolt action .223

this with a standard CAR spring, H2 buffer, and M16 full auto BCG, the rifle has no muzzle rise at all, I mean none. As for recoil it just like a .22lr or less.

I know it sounds like a bunch of BS but u have to try it, so it doesn't look tacticool and there aren't enough threads in the break to use a crush washer.

As for noise, I fired one round with out muffs and ouch my ears are still ringing, I only hope that ringing will go away.

This brake works so well that it makes the rifle feel fake when I fire it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'm quite "affected", too. And have ringing in my ears! :p

3. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

effectave

lol oops, damn spell check

affect/effect

4. bkt

bkt New Member

This is one of those times I really hate New York State. My so-so muzzle break is silver-soldered and pinned in place. :mad:

5. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

a cheap propane torch should take care of that, then u can just have what ever u want/legal for ur state, and just re solder

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Getting closer! :p

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

:D Thats to funny.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah I admit it, I'm a grammar Nazi. Ask my grandkids! :D

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Good for you. I like hearing things like that considering the way kids talk now.

My favorites: that mines (that's mine)
    your (you are, as in you're stupid)
    aight (alright)
    thems (them)

I could go on and on.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah I keep telling my granddaughters (20 and 22) they'd appear much smarter to the world and possible employers if they could only learn how to use a few terms correctly: I/me, he/him, she/her, there/their/they're, your/you're, to/too/two, affect/effect, advice/advise and a few others. And don't get me started on how dumb they are in math and science! Good thing they're both pretty, maybe they'll marry guys that can support them. Of course right now they're with losers. :(

Sorry Nathantc, it's about time you got your thread back! :p

11. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

lol yeah, im not to worried about as im going to go with the Troy Claymore brake.

i dont like all the noise blasted back at me.

12. jrjun

jrjun New Member

I bought this one on ebay for $ 9.99

Attached Files:

13. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

) both directions will leave a louder report but not offensive for the shooter, and muzzle blast will be greater if the vents are directed to the rear.
    If you are shooting quickly such as in competition the brake is an assett, i have several brakes on AR's and it is an obvious difference when going from a rifle with a hider and one with a brake. The brake does not help my shooting as it is informal and shot slow or rapid depending upon the drill, no concern is given to the noise as i shoot on private property ,not in a line with shooters to my left and right that would receive the bulk of the noise. Mine are more for the " cool" factor and changes in the way the rifle fires....i think i prefer a hider to a brake.
    Night time shooting is a new topic altogether between hiders and brakes.

Note:
    Seems like the first part of the message did not make it so disregard the whole thing and double muff your ears..

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016