Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on guns international.com looking for a deal and I saw a carcono 1939 short rifle that cost over 40 grand. The description didn't give a reason. What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Maybe it was a typo? By the way, amazing name, i haven't seen king of the hill in a long time

·
Administrator
26,324 Posts
Got a cheap scope, and the initials L H O carved in the stock?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've never owned a carcano and probably never will. Perhaps if they drop the price to under 35 thousand I might consider getting one. :D

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
They're touting it as one of Lee Harvey Oswald's guns.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My wife who was not very informed concerning military rifles once bought me an Italian Carcano which I found needed an extra thing inside to hold the cartridges. I looked for and finally found some ammo and fired it a few times and sold it. My thoughts were that the Carcano was a $60 rifle and perhaps not worth even that.

L.H.O. likely bought one because it was cheap. There are other cheap rifles around, thinking of the Mosin, but that rifle makes a Carcano look like a BB gun in comparison considering power & hitting where aimed !

·
Registered
601 Posts
IMO a $10 rifle that sells for $100 in my area. Oswald was a very good marksman or was just lucky because I have owned several and neither were very accurate.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cuate said:
My wife who was not very informed concerning military rifles once bought me an Italian Carcano which I found needed an extra thing inside to hold the cartridges. I looked for and finally found some ammo and fired it a few times and sold it. My thoughts were that the Carcano was a $60 rifle and perhaps not worth even that.

L.H.O. likely bought one because it was cheap. There are other cheap rifles around, thinking of the Mosin, but that rifle makes a Carcano look like a BB gun in comparison considering power & hitting where aimed !
It might be a BB gun, but it is a 40,000 dollar BB gun :D.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I almost want to contact the seller and ask what's up. I'd imagine they would say in the description if they thought it was Oswald's gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts