Vehicle Holster Mount

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bigdawgfan, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bigdawgfan

bigdawgfan New Member

I would like to get anyone's opinion on this vehicle holster mount. Has anyone used one of these before? I've checked the laws in GA and it appears legal but would love to hear other opinions. Or other options for carrying in the car.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Take a moment and stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here and who you are.

I don't have any experience with this holster but I will throw out this

Vehicle seat holster The only one on the market! Please advise us the type of gun you have and holster orientation

I've also seen one where there is a strap around the bottom of the seat and the holster is attached behind your legs on the front of the seat. I personally like this location the best as it is basically hidden from anyone who approaches the vehicle and you have quick access to it. I tried to find it but couldn't find the one I liked. I'll keep looking.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

How and when you can carry in GA is subject to some strange laws. I would highly suggest that you head here and do some homework:

Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news

While you do not need a GFL (Georgia Firearms License, our CWP/CCL/CHL/ETC) to carry loaded in a vehicle, if you are ineligible to get a GFL - you can't. If you intend to hang out here, I also suggest dropping by the introductions area...

4. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  5. JimboSlice

JimboSlice New Member

I saw an interesting new product called the gunslingR - Accu-Fire Inc. Unique Firearm Tools
    that looks easy to install under the front seat. I know in Texas, the firearm must be concealed at all times to be legal, and if it is, you don't even need a concealed carry permit to carry in the vehicle. Thanks Castle Law....

Accu-Fire Inc. Unique Firearm Tools

6. supergus

supergus New Member

It looks as though the steering wheel may interfere with the draw. Just make your own:
    [​IMG]

7. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

I have a kingston rig(made it myself) in the car. I can have it up between my knees while i drive and slide it under the seat.

8. MAGNUM44

MAGNUM44 New Member

Rip Off Gimick

Saw the video on you tube you got to be kidding me $34.00 for that cr**p what a rip off a 10 year old could come up with a better invention than that, I can use a velcro strap & a holster & it would be better than that for about $5.00 cost :rolleyes:

9. rand47l

rand47l New Member

If you like that kind of thing I say go for it. I keep mine in the center console. Probably would be of no use for me but others may benefit from it.

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Ergonomically, if one had to reach under the steering column to fetch a handgun, it would line up very well and demand very little adjustment to get a firing grip on the weapon. Beats the hell out of disconnecting your seat-belt and trying to pry a firearm out from between your ass-cheek and the seat.

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

The one state which I drive through with the glove-box open.....

12. notamoocher

notamoocher New Member

I got a cheap kydex and mounted my XD on the front of the seat in my old Chevy truck right between legs. People riding with me didn't even know it was there. But my F150 has all cloth seats so I really like the strap deal. Will look at my options first thing in the morning.

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I work in a welding machine shop so I ended up making my own stand that mounts to the bottom of my seat through the factor bolt hole. Used a piece of 6 inch strap and cut it down so I could use the belt loops on my Galco FLETCHER holster to hold it in place. Took me about 3 days to get it cut just right. Now any of my pistols can ride next to my right leg between the seats and not get in the way. I will try n post pictures of it when i make another one for my dad.

14. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I have a basic nylon holster (with a built in spare mag pouch) cliped in the interior side of the pocket of my door. I also got some velcro with an adhesive back to stick it to the exterior of the pocket. I intentionally got a holster that was slightly too big for my gun so that i do not draw and come up with the gun still holstered. It is also nice because if I am getting out I can take the entire setup from the door to my waste without the gun ever being visable from the outside

15. Glock4Epton

Glock4Epton New Member

Just a bit of info, in SC it is an automatic felony for carrying a firearm under the seat of your vehicle, ccp or not!

16. jdgeroy

jdgeroy New Member

Vehicle Mount

I drive an F-350, I took the belt retaining hooks off of a BlackHawk Serpa, used the same holes to attach it under my stearing wheel almost invisible from outside the vehicle.

17. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

IMO, mounting a handgun in a vehicle is a foolish idea. It is too tempting to run into the local Stop & Rob, "just for a minute" for a slurpee or pack of smokes, and leave the gun in the car or truck.

I know of cases where folks have their gun in the car, somewhere, and jump out after being involved in a wreck. It is not uncommon for folks involved in wrecks to be intoxicated and violent. Where's your gun?

If you want to mount it because carrying is uncomfortable, perhaps you should consider another method of carry.

18. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I made one out of kydex and mounted it to the center console of my truck very similar to this one. I use it to stage the weapon wile driving, then re-holster it to carry when exiting my truck. Never thought of under the steering wheel, but I like it.

19. Seven

Seven New Member

That's where I keep my truck gun.
    When the door is closed you never see it.
    And if I'm not carrying at the time and I decide I need to,
    I just grab it and tuck it inside my waistband.