Variety of semi-autos

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jjones45, Jul 20, 2013.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I really love handguns and for some reason I feel I need to have one each from the major and respected gun makers. At times I thought I would just go all one brand across the board in every caliber but I alway back out because I like them all in some way. I guess if I had to choose only one brand of weapon I would choose hk, but dang they cost some $$$, and i love glock, smith, sig, ect...... Have any of you did this or thought about it. If so, did you regret it or what stopped you?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally i like variety! i like shooting pistols. pretty much any pistol. pretty much my closest thing to one platform is the 1911. these are my favorites and always have been. but i don't limit myself and like variety.

3. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Me too! The 1911 bug bit me and that is the style pistol I have bought most often and from different manufacturers as well.

Variety is good and adds to the fun, so I also have two Bersas, a Makarov, a Glock 19, a Rough Rider 22/22mag revolver, a Rossi 357 Magnum snub revolver and even a Titan 25 cal.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I own about 16 or 18 handguns. They are all different. I have several S&W revolvers and several Rugers. But no two of mine are the same.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I like different platforms, but my muscle memory is around the 1911.

Every time I grab the H&K PSP P7, I try to swipe the thumb safety off (and there is none).

6. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Yeah the good ol 1911, a lot of people tend to like that one (me included). I love variety but try to keep my personal protection handgun one platform just because of that muscle memory.

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Well if its bothering you that much ill take that P7 off your hands.

8. danf_fl

LOL. It is one of my carry devices.
    (After I practice with it a few days.)

9. Transman

Transman New Member

Think about it all the time,don't regret it,and don't stop acquiring them.If you can afford to fund the affliction,then have at it!Over the course of the last 6 yrs.I've been guilty of acquiring about 65 pistols.....some by the same maker,but most are not.Don't feel bad about it at all.

10. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

65 pistols in 6 years gees that's a small fortune in handguns. Lucky you.

11. danf_fl

Nowadays, your car loan (at approx. $550 a month) for 60 months is a nice little sum.

The difference is that the worth of firearms does not drop as bad as the value of a car.

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

That's a valid point.

13. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I'm with you on that,got my first pistol a Sig P229 .40 and I love the gun it's a keeper but then I just felt the need to buy a 9mm glock so a gen 4 glock 19 it is ..I think I want a number of different pistols like the XDM 3.8 and the Walther p99 but all in different calibers ..also a shot gun and AR15 LOL

14. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member