Value help..Win Model 70 .220 swift chambered in .220 rocket

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jmonahan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. jmonahan

jmonahan New Member

Recieved this from my father and we have both spent years researching but with no luck! Thought i give the good old world wide web a shot again. As stated in the title it is a Winchester Model 70 .220 swift but it is chambered in a .220 rocket. The stock seems to be completely custom no blatent markings.

Attached Files:

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That is some rifle!!
    Is the scope a Unertl?

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Someone spent some quality time and effort on that rifle.
    As far as the Value-? If you know or can find out who built the rifle,that could have a big impact on what it's worth.

4. jmonahan

jmonahan New Member

the scope is a bausch and lomb...and as far I finding the maker that seems to be a common answer and unfortunately I dont see a way that could happen unless he/she frequents gun forums :) so maybe this will just end up being a family mystery that will go on for sometime to come!!

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Roy Weatherby started off building custom rifles. He would use whatever action the customer provided/specified. The styling of the stock is similar to the rifles that came out of Cali in the 40's and 50's. I would bet a dollar this is an early example of a weatherby custom gun from pre 1950.

6. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I can only say that is a very nice rifle/stock. :cool:

7. J_Mckernan

J_Mckernan New Member

Value Help .220 Rocket

What a interesting rifle... Please send me a PM. I would love to discuss with you what history you have confirmed on this rifle and see if I can help you out a bit.

Cheers!:)