valkyrie movie

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sgtdeath66, Dec 1, 2008.

1. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

so anyone exited bout the movie comming out titled "Valkyrie". i think it looks very interestin, theres been alot of shows on history channel and nat geo channel that ive been watching and recording

2. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

If it weren't for Mr. "I'm In Love, I'm In Love!!!!", then I'd be more excited...

I think the movie will be great still, just not as great as if there was no Maverick.......

3. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

I am with you, I was so jazzed about a good "war" movie to come out with a plot, then I saw mister weasel with an eye patch. Sheesh. Who made that casting call?

4. supergus

supergus New Member

I won't watch any movie that stars that arrogant, misguided pecker head.
    Other than him, the movie looks good. Oh, well. I'll just watch the History Channel. They just aired "42 plots to kill Hitler" last night. I'm sure it'll be on again soon. Anyone notice the increase in documentaries about Hitler and his lunacy since Nov. 4? Hmmm.... Just sayin';)

5. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

ive got that one recorded and one titled valkyrie: the plot to kill hitler recorded as well proly gunna watch those tonight

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I won't watch anything with that jerk in it.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I told the wifeee I would not see it (at least not in the theatres) because of that a$$hat. I had to smile when she agreed. I think I am finally getting through to her.

8. ScottG

ScottG New Member

He just made that movie so he could prance around after hours in that sweet, sweet looking nazzi uniform with some of the boys.... :rolleyes:

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I loved everything about the Last Samurai except him.

Sadly, these movies won't get made if they don't have the big name in them.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Of all the WW II stories to revive, they pick this one and cast Tom "I Can't Keep My Mouth Shut" s*^t for brains. I guess Hollywood believes they will get the Ladies and Gents all in one package....Wrong!! I'll watch reruns of 'A Bridge too Far' before I go see this movie.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

If I remember right, these story rights have been in Cruise's possession for quite a few years. This has been a pet project of his for awhile now. Bryan Singer ( The Usual Suspects, Apt Pupil, X-2 X-Men United, Superman ) is at the helm, so you will get a good movie.

I probably won't go see this at the theater, because of Cruise, but I will watch it on DVD/Blu-ray because it's an important story and I believe Singer will do a good job.

JD

12. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i dont care whos in the movie, i like the story its based on so ill watch the darn thing proly not in the theatre but ill still watch

13. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

I tend to have reservations about movies such as this that portray acts of resistance in Nazi Germany. These guys were not the norm just as Oskar Schindler and Hans and Sophie Scholl were not the norm. I would hate for the popular memory of Nazi Germany in the U.S. to become one in which we have a romanticized view of benevolent actors in Germany. I do not want to minimize what these people did, but we must all understand that Nazi Germany was a complete and total breakdown of a modern, bureaucratic society. It could have happened and still could happen in any nation with a working bureaucracy. The only way to keep it from happening is to understand how fascism developed so we can see the warning signs early on.

Sorry about that rant, I'm sure it will be a great film (and yes I will certainly see it), but I really believe that if we are to understand humanity we need to try and understand what happened in Nazi Germany.

14. Boris

Boris New Member

Well it took me to the second page to understand who you where taking about....thanks JD (forced to agree with you he sets my teeth on edge).
    I have to agree with mpd8488 with regard to Oskar Schindler and Hans and Sophie Scholl. Schindler began his association with the Nazi party as a war profiteer but to his credit once he fully understood the policy his humanitarian values shone through and he saved many lives. The Scholl's where indeed idealist's and they paid the price for active passive resistance.

I don't know whether it has been aired in the US, or issued on DVD but I would recommend the German Movie 'Downfall'. It was made by the same producers of 'Das Boot' and it chronicals the chaotic last four days in the Bunker in April 1945, with all the major players. There are interviews with with a number of eyewitnesses, which includes Mirsch (SS noncommissioned officer and Bunker radio operator), and Trudy Junge (Hitlers Principle Secretary, who died in 2002), Junge makes reference to the Scholl's.

It's worth a watch and read(as it's subtittled)...................

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R42gsGBWNkg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  15. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I will not watch it.

Scientology is an evil cult that murders people like Lisa Mcpherson and many others. My money will not go to that disgusting cult.

16. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I refuse to watch anything that pud lover fudge packing in the closet fag master cult leader is in. He can take his gay lovin scientology little boy touching azz and go jump off a cliff for all I care.

Sucks too because the story and the movie should be a good one.

17. johnsteele

johnsteele New Member

I've seen the trailers for it and one thing concerns me --- I detect a degree of revisionist history in it. In one scene von Stauffenberg (Cruise) says something like "Hitler is a danger to the world" or some such phrasing. Frankly I seriously doubt that von Stauffenberg and his merry men gave a rat's a*s about danger to the world; by the time they got around to their little plot Germany was losing the war and the plotters blamed Hitler. They wanted to get rid of Hitler so they could sue for peace and try to save something of their Thousand Year Reich. If they had been cleaning up they would have been behind Hitler 100%.

18. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Jeeeeez.... it's freakin' a MOVIE, for cristsakes!

It has no net-worth other than entertainment... If you don't want to see it for whatever reason, then DON'T! WTF...

19. Boris

Boris New Member

Well the supporting cast is impressive I viewed the trailer on your suggestion and I think we must view the film before making a comment but I think 'revisionist history' is a bit strong, the facts are there although naturally it has a dramatic licence. However, Von Stauffenberg was a professional soldier, and an arrogant Prussian aristocrat .

It is easy to criticize them for their undoubted support of Hitler and the Nazi party through the good times but I feel a good many of them through patriotism made this decision to bring the end of the war through a coup. It was a courageous gamble which cost over 5000 lives at the hands of the SD. A good number where hung by cheese wire from meat hooks and allowed to slowly strangle to death. This being filmed for viewing by Hitler and his cronies.

20. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Oh, come on Cpttango, tell us how you really think.