Uzi for $600

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by rem870forever, Oct 30, 2011.

1. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

I went to a pawn shop the other day and found an Uzi 9mm for $600. It looked like it was in great shape, is it worth it?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

If it's a real Uzi, yes. We don't know how familiar you are with firearms though, and many people relatively new to guns confuse a Tec-9 with Uzis.

So are you sure it's an Uzi? I'm not trying to be insulting, it's just that I don't know you or how much you know about firearms (Stop by the intro section so we can welcome you!!)

If It's a real Uzi, and not a knockoff, I'd go back tomorrow and pick it up.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Probably a knock off brand clone

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I'd like to have my buddies for that price. His is a full auto and suppressed MAC10 set to 800 rounds per minute. God they are fun.

5. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, have to agree with this. There is a tendency to call every stamped, submachinegun an "Uzi." if part of the markings are "I.M.I" for Israeli Military Industries, the original manufacturer of the Uzi, I'd say you're on the right track. :D

6. rem870forever

rem870forever New Member

Maybe a Mpa 10 just a better version of Mac but cheaper

7. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

Check the barrel bushing to see if it is possible to change barrels. I had a model b IMI that I sold several years ago. The new made ones that are for sale have the barrel bushings tacked welded so you are stuck with the 16 inch barrel. If it is an original it's a steal at $600. best regards