Utg

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by mrfox556, Jul 9, 2012.

1. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

I assume since it's real cheap that it's crap. Any thoughts guys? I need something affordable for a 308 bolt action.

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have not used their optics but their scope rings are top notch. And their customer service is superior which I had to use and they had parts at my door next day.

3. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

Nobody else? Utg? How about nc star? Looking for affordable 308 scope.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

bare bones lowest budget i would prolly go with a nikon of some sort. im not a huge fan of buying optics with the sole criteria being cheap. ive been through a lote of cheap optics that just couldnt perform.

what are you wanting it to do?? target shooting longrange hunting plinking??

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Ive got an NcStar Ar15 scope, its just a 4x with a 500 yard BDC. Im shooting fist size groups at 300 yards so im satisfied. But if i had a .308 id go all out and get a ziess or a leopold or something.

Ive got a savage .22-250 with a bushnell 3x9-42 that i like, it came with the rifle but im thinking of getting a big, more powerful scope.

As far as UTG goes ive never used thier optics but ive got a utg dropleg holster and a horizontal carry sholder holster and they seem to be alright. I dont use them too much though, they just hang in my gun safe.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  6. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I have a UTG rifle case. Decent. Otherwise, I would not buy their stuff. It is the cheapest Chinese junk

7. Gloves

Gloves New Member