Utah Gun Manufacturer says "No" to Pakistan

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by danf_fl, Jan 6, 2014.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

2. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

They turned down a 15 Million $$$ contract because they felt the sale could(its Pakistan so definitly would have) have put American Service members at risk now that is a true patriotic company it has values that many other American companies lack nowadays. Desert Tech thank you and I hope your company flourishes beyond your wildest imaginations if I had $10k laying around I would buy one of your rifles to show my support, but I am just a poor former servicemember.

3. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Why? Obuma will eventually supply them with whatever they want.

4. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

That's OK, let Obama bear the guilt. I hope the company gets a flood of orders from American citizens.

5. Polygon

Polygon New Member

When that story first broke it made me so happy. To hear about a company putting people above money. It was very refreshing.

6. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

When I also first heard the story I thought it was awesome that a company would do that .
    I have been looking into their company to see what products they offer would love to support them

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

7. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I need to do that. Especially since they're local to me.

8. seancslaughter

they make sniper rifles that are over $10k a piece

9. Polygon

Polygon New Member

-_-

I should have seen that coming. And as much as I want one. I can't justify a gun that costs more than my car.

10. seancslaughter

They make some other stuff like Kahles scopes(over 2k each) match ammo for 308, 375 cheytac, and 338 lm, suppresors, and some accessories too.

link to webpage http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/

11. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Well maybe they should make some shirts and hats right now because it would probably flying off the shelves

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Firearms Talk mobile app

12. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Sure but then it's us good citizens that bear the expense.

13. coastwatcher42

coastwatcher42 New Member

This is the first that I've heard of this. I applaud any company that puts principles above profits. I've been planning to get a bullpup style rifle (a Tavor was at the top of my list) and will have to think long and hard about the new Desert Tech MDR.

14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Are they bigots? It's because Pakistan is a muslim country isn't it? If you can't sell arms to the religion of peace, who can you sell too.

15. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Way to make a stand as a American company that will not put our troops in harms way. America is waking up.. 2014 is off to a better start than 2013!! God bless the old RED, WHITE, n BLUE!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app

16. coastwatcher42

coastwatcher42 New Member

I didn't think of this in my previous post but, if Desert Tech didn't accept the order, the Pakistanis are still going to want some rifles. I wonder which company has accepted an order from them in lieu of the Desert Tech rifles? I wonder if it is an American company? Anyone know?

17. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

That's a good question. I'm sure there's a company out there that will supply them. I'm definitely a Desert Tech supporter now. I love hearing about story's like that..

18. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

Message for everyone!!! We all should be supporting company's that put there people first an not money.. A lot of American company's could care less. So Desert Tech deserves our support an hopefully more American company will jump on the ban wagon.. I see a lot of good coming from this..

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why is this "Big" news. The U.S. Taxpayers have sent Pakistan $1.4 Billion dollars per year for a very long time. In 2013 the U.S. sent an extra $8 Billion for food and military training. I really think the American Tax Payer is buying these people any type of weapon they need to kill our soldiers.:(

20. Copeman60

Copeman60 New Member

US tax dollar is putting weapons in the wrong hands. But that's not us the people's doings it's the Federal government.. So it is nice to see a American company stand down. It has to start somewhere an that's a damn good start. It's also sending a message to the government that people r starting to wake up. In a way Obama is doing us a favor cause in the last 4 years there's been so much government secrets exposed to the public that people now care about there rights!! It was gunna happen sooner or later but Mr Obama beat them to it. CONTROL is the word that comes to mind when I think of modern US government. It's been a long time coming so now that he has our attention it's time to strike back as a nation!!