USN Mark I

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Crawfish, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Crawfish

Crawfish New Member

I have had this knife since I was a young man. I believe I traded for it while I was in Vietnam, but am not sure. A Mystery! It appears to be unused, i.e. Unissued. No wear or indication it was ever used. Hope I can post a picture.

Attached Files:

2. Crawfish

Crawfish New Member

Markings on the blade.

Attached Files:

3. Crawfish

Crawfish New Member

Wow, who knew? Thanks!
    It really should go to someone who collects these things. I sure don't. I don't even remember exactly how I got it. It's nothing the AF would have issued me in Vietnam, which is the only place I carried a knife. When I was flying. We didn't wear parachutes because we were always too low, so everyone carried one along with their weapon. I figured extra radio batteries were more important, so I always carried several extras.
    No parachute means you had to ride it down, so I practiced forced landings a lot.
    I had my .38, a Car15 with lots of mags, and one of those single shot grenade launchers, with a case of ammo in the back seat. Traded a case of beer for it.
    That's why troops are always young, because we were perfectly willing to do crazy things.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  4. Win73

Win73 New Member