USMC ILBE PACK VIDEO REVIEW, great hunting pack

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by wolverine_173, Mar 26, 2014.

1. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 New Member

I feel like this pack is a very high value piece of gear so I want to share it with the rest of you. Built for the military so they are very rugged and durable. You just dont have to worry about it. Holds tons of gear, rated for 120lbs. Easy to find for around 60-75 bucks. great for car bag, bob, emergency bag, hunting or camping/hiking. If anyone else has experience with these please share your opinion!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1RYgYlZXcc[/ame]

re made the video to better show some features

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 New Member

saw one for auction that ended for 61 bucks including shipping.

and if anyone watches ultimate survival alaska one of the military guys doing the race was using one

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Have humped many miles with one of these on my back.

I would never own one as a civilian. Simply because of bad memories.

I suppose they're a good pack though. I wouldn't wanna use them for hunting though. They're pretty big.

What's the appeal to an ILBE over a similar civilian pack? Such as is used for hiking?

4. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 New Member

just durability. The material of the ilbe is much thicker and less prone to tearing

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

After learning how to actually pack them when in S.O.I. they weren't nearly as bad as in boot camp. But yeah, I'll never own one just for the fact of having of carried one quite a bit

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

6. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 New Member

what does that mean?

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

It means in the eyes of the politicians, all tasks performed by the Corps can be done by the Army, Navy, or Air Force. Therefore, we aren't needed.

We're wanted. Because we perform those tasks better and more efficiently.

The exception is amphibious assaults and landings. The other branches don't have the capability to do that. The Army does to an extent but its really not their function.

"America doesn't need a Marine Corps, it wants a Marine Corps" is another way of reminding Marines that we are always the first branch on the chopping block, so we have to give them every reason to NEVER want to do away with us.

8. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And I'm still the brainwashed boot..

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

9. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

Shag-- enjoy the brainwash it will soon turn to jaded, then back to brainwash, something only us jarheads understand.......LOL

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I have one, because I did walk many miles with it and am familiar with it. Plan to use mine for weekend hike camping trips.

11. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

Marine Corps history--- In 1947 two officers Victor "Brute" Karulak & Gordon Gayle , majors at the time, had a meet with Truman. Long story short in this meeting these 2 officers saved the Corps from the " cut to the bone " chopping block. Fast forward to 1983 , Brute Karulak's son was my battalion commander, Charles thinks his dad explained to Truman the true meaning of the "Presidents Own". Charles Karulak retired as 31st Commandant of the Marine Corps............Sempre Fi

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

I'm in the jaded phase, and have been for years. Re-enlisted in this phase, haha. I will probably get out before it turns back to brainwash.

13. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 New Member

i have no idea what you guys are talking about

14. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my guess is because you are not a Marine... otherwise you'd know.

15. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

why waste a sailor when a marine will do

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

For $60/$70 there are a lot of nice backpacks on the market that are designed to carry stuff you buy at Walmart. The ILBE has a space for military equipment. I can't afford military prices, so I get my stuff at Walmart.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  17. wolverine_173

wolverine_173 New Member

18. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

The ILBE looks nice but I'll stay with my tried & true gal pal ALICE , with frame & cargo shelf , does all I need....

19. rwlandrum

rwlandrum New Member

Alice works for me too,
    GreyFox

20. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

hehe i have one of those on the wall too :cool: