Using Therapeutic Grade Oils

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by DeltaF, Oct 21, 2013.

1. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

My family and I don't buy much from the store anymore by way of first aid or cleaning products. A lot of medicine we are able to avoid completely as well. We use essential oils and a few other basic supplies to manufacture our own. They are much more concentrated than what you buy at the store so you can store more and use less.

Example: mouthwash, bug bites, sanitizing utensils and surfaces, cleaning basic cuts to prevent infection, soothing sore muscles....

Peppermint oil and vodka with maybe a little bit of water mixed in depending on the application.

I have some exact recipes and I'm sure VikingDad has a bunch as well. I'll post them later.

image-968726661.jpg
    A bottle of oil this size lasts from 1-3 months in my house depending on what it's being used for.

2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Would you consider RemOil theripudic, or Hoppes? :D

3. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Haha! Yeah add that to some vodka and swish it around in your mouth. Be sure to post a video when you do it!

4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Sorry I'm trying to quit.

5. TLuker

TLuker New Member

You can buy that already mixed as well. It's called peppermint Schnapps.:D

Actually, I've been meaning to check with some of the local shops for some time now for essential oils. There really are a lot of uses for them.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

How come Vodka? Why not American Bourbon made in old Kentucky? You can pick wild mint and press your own oil.:)

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Actually IMO the best thing to use would be the strongest moonshine you could find. The mint and vodka is just one example. The least complicated example I had.