Using a weapon in both hands?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Kenney, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Someone told me about a real Russian hitman named Alexander Solonik, who was supposed to be able to use a gun in each hand. I just want to know if anyone has seen or met someone who's put it into practice (with some degree of proficiency).

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There is an old saying. Beware of the man that has but one gun, he probably knows how to use it. There are undoubtedly some people with the dexterity to use 2 guns with skill but those are rare. Personally, I have enough to do with one gun.

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I do it all the time w my colt gcsm. Its pretty easy......if you point and shoot

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

4. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I can understand a person being equally accurate with either hand & even shooting with both hands at the same time. To me, the question would be about reloading. Shoot until both are empty, then alternately holstering one while reloading the other, or alternate them so you can continue shooting one while reloading the other?:)

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I can two gun mojo pretty well, it makes a neat range trick. However, when it comes time to reload, your screwed. I imagine there are some out there who can do it and do it very well, and even reload on the fly, that's the only reason I don't wave the BS flag on this Russian hitman you've heard of. Try it out sometime, just be very conscious of the safety concerns.

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I have 4 mags that go across the small of my back-two per side. Thats how i reload mine anyways

7. Kenney

Kenney New Member

You can look him up. Wiki page and everything. He's credited with killing 30+ Mafia bosses. I figured there be a problem with precision shooting, but doesn't sound like it. I guess If you can learn to reload fast then it would even be practical... hell I can write with both hands, maybe I'll give it a shot.

8. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

it's soooo easy. I see them do it all the time on T.V.

Does this count as Dual wielding? [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  9. Kenney

Kenney New Member

Two serious wannabes? No, it doesn't. Not at all.

10. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

There have been a couple of episodes on Top Shot where they had to do it. No one was good at it. A couple of guys were able to hit two targets at the same time. But it took a long time and a lot of misses to get one double hit.
    Seemed kind of pointless to me. I could hit two targets with one gun a lot faster.

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I have tried more time than i care to count to hit two at once. So i shoot both at one target;)

12. Kenney

Kenney New Member

I wouldn't try to hit two targets at the same time, more I would use them to increase my rate of fire and my ability to hit multiple targets in different directions faster. Not that I don't already make my gun sound like machinegun fire.

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

If you arent tryin to hit two at once yet hit multiple in different directions, what the sam hell would you call it?

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I can hit two at once, but it's not really very impressive to watch. It involves (for me) taking very careful aim at both targets with each hand consecutively, double checking my aim, then triple checking.... And even then, I can only hit two targets simultaneously maybe 3 out of five times...if they're pretty decent sized targets...like, paper plates at10 yards.

15. Kenney

Kenney New Member

More like faster follow ups than two at the same time.

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I say leave the duel weilding to the movies and video games where it belongs

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thats still dual targets.

18. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I do it wray bc you never know when that other gun/hand will be needed

19. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I doubt your follow ups would be much faster, by the time you move your focus from the right hand gun to the left hand gun whatever direction it is pointing then move on to the target and actually hit it you probably could have just moved your right gun onto that second target and fired just as fast and probably more accurately if you are better with your strong hand as many people are.

20. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I've practiced a little bit at reloading & racking the slide one-handed, to similate the other hand/arm being injured. Haven't practiced it enough & definitely not very good & real slow at it. But, I can not even imagine being able to do it one handed while shooting with the other hand, especially if trying to shoot with any accuracy.