Uses for Vick's vapor rub.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by BigB, Mar 16, 2014.

1. trip286

trip286 New Member

Good to know. Thanks.

2. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Awesome article! I have never used the stuff myself but if I come across some, I may just have to check it out.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I'll add one- if you have a task you MUST perform that REALLY stinks- a dab of Vick's on the upper lip can reduce your need to retch.

4. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

When I was little, my dad would let me stay up late on Saturday nights to watch the black and white monster movies on TV at the time. Needless to say I would fall asleep on the couch before they would even start, until the day I discovered Vic's. I would take a deep breath of it as I felt myself starting to dose off, and I would then be wide awake for another 15 minutes or so.

5. BigB

BigB New Member

Some of these uses I knew of, but others not so much. Any others anybody knows of not mentioned?

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

We keep a jar of Vick's here in the lab for that very reason. :cool:

7. irishrebel

irishrebel New Member

Awesome post my friend never knew how handy vicks was! B-)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Firearms Talk mobile app

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Rubbing some on your neck prevents being bit by vampires.

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

10. BigB

BigB New Member

11. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

There are times when I read something and I just have to bite my tongue and leave it alone. This is one of those times! :D

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

BigB,

Thanks for the information! Due to exposures in the past I have developed a slight case of asthma over the years. And rather than inhalers and other medicines I carry one of the little Vicks Inhaler Tubes with me everyday. And when the congestion and breathing issues start I just pull it out and take a few deep sniffs in each nostril and it opens and clears my lungs almost immediately! Will not go anywhere without it! So it is a good product and better than most know or think! Now thanks to you I know more uses!

13. BigB

BigB New Member

I have one of those in the medicine cabinet. Used it with the kids several times this winter. Those little sticks work awesome.

14. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I use it for sexy time---gotta love the tingle.

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

2. On Your Tootsies
    Applying Vicks to your feet provides nighttime cough relief. Generously rub VapoRub all over your feet and cover them with socks. Within moments your cough will subside—in the morning you’ll wake up a new, hacking free woman.

I don't know what the heck they put in that stuff but I think I'll pass.....

16. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

LOL.....Soothing and a fresh minty smell.... LOL