useless information thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, May 21, 2013.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I am now a certified glock armorer. Unfortunately I'm in Massachusetts and in-between shops.

Attached Files:

2. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Congrats!!!!!! On the armorer's course. My brother lives in Mass I don't know how you guys do it. Good luck with finding another shop, hopefully better times are coming.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thank you. I appreciate it. The course was a piece of cake as always I find myself wishing I could afford a more advanced course. The instructor Marshall was awesome though. Highly skilled,experienced and knowledgeable guy. I'd recommend his course to anyone.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Another useless tidbit to add. The nitrate coating on a glock makes it nearly as hard as a diamond (harder than stainless) and your slide can be used to sharpen a knife in the field if necessary. Lol

5. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

whats the rebuild schedule on those glocks these days?
    whats the roundcount for factory teardown and re-issue?

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

For Leo's it's probably in the area of a month. For a regular customer (cops and military first ) I'd assume in the area of 2-3.
    I can tell you that they have expanded their production facilities and have cut down the new gun backlog to close to a million which means somewhere in the area of 2-3 months (again leos etc. first) also.
    The recommended life of a Gen 4 is about 5000 rounds before parts need to be replaced assuming regular maintenance and you don't have some basement gunsmith modifying them.

Last edited: May 21, 2013