Used XD-S value

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by ron12301, Jul 15, 2013.

1. ron12301

ron12301 New Member

Well folks I need some advice. I have a friend with a Springfield XD-S stainless steel/black .45 for sale. It has two clips and a holster plus case. He wants to sell it and buy a full size 1911. According to my friend it has been fired about 200 times. He says he has $700 in it, he bought it about 4 months ago. I was thinking of offering him $500. I am not exactly up on handguns and their values so I was wondering if this would be a fair offer and a good deal for me. Thanks for your advice, Ron...

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not a bad price. Assuming it is in great shape.

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

A brand new one is about $600. Is he offering additional magazines, ammunition, or accessories with it? Has he made some aftermarket upgrades?

4. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Since that's just what comes with the gun anyway, I would pay the extra $50 (the .45 is readily available in my area for $550) and get a new one. However, if you like the XDs and want to do a friend a favor, $500 isn't a bad price if it's in good condition.

5. ron12301

ron12301 New Member

MmC,Otis,Mt.man, thanks, he is offering an additional 7 rd mag with the package,no upgrades that I'm aware of. My friend is very particular about his firearms I haven't seen it yet but I fully expect it to be in like new condition. Availability of handguns in my area can be somewhat iffy at best, long waits and lots of red tape.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Then you are also paying for convenience. Go for it. :)

7. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

I concur. Buy it.

8. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Bought mine new (same bi tone) about 7 months ago. It comes in the case with all the things you listed including a 5 and 7 rd mag. and I paid $575 for it.
    Offer him $475 and see how that floats.

9. ron12301

ron12301 New Member

I bought it today for $500, couldn't get him down any further. Nice piece though, he took very good care of it. Can't wait to try it out. I noticed there are a lot of upgrades and after market accessories are there any that I should take a look at ? Again thanks to all for the advice, much appreciated !

10. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

I believe you will enjoy this weapon.

11. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

A friend of mine is selling a mint hardly used Xds 45 for $475. I'm considering snatching it up.

12. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

If it doesn't already have them

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/Springfield Armory/PG-XDS

13. ron12301

ron12301 New Member

Those pearce grips look like they would be a good thing, thanks I believe I'll order those.

14. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

You paid about average for a used XD-s. Great guns. As stated above, get the Pearce mag extensions for your mags. I also have the talon rubber texture grip tape on my XD-s .45. Have yet to put the tape on the 9mm version yet, but will. Enjoy your new gun :)!

15. k9guy

k9guy New Member

Shoot it first also has it been sent in on the recall ither than that they are great guns

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk