Used Remington

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by MGH, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MGH

MGH New Member

I'm going to this guys house tomorrow to handle it but I thought I would see what you guys think first. Let me know what I should be looking for. I have no idea sense this will be my first shotgun.

ksl.com - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming

Also, I'm not sure if the PowerPak that comes with it will work with me, I'm a lefty. Anyone know if you can change things around on it?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010

2. Missileman

Missileman New Member

870s are about bullet proof and are easy/cheap to repair if needed. Look for a smooth operation of the slide, and that it locks forward after pumping, and releases with the slide release. It may not be the smoothest yet because it says only 100 rounds have been fired, but it will smooth up with usage. Check the crossbolt safety to make sure it prevents trigger movement when engaged and goes on/off easily. Other than that it should be fine unless it has noticeable damage or abuse...

3. MGH

MGH New Member

I got it! it's in great condition, the seller is a vet and his GI paycheck hadn't come in so he had to get ride of it. He shot it once and then had it in his closet for two months. I tried uploading some pictures for you guys but couldn't get it to work so I set my new 870 as my tiny avatar.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

5. MGH

MGH New Member

Yeah, they were too big. Thanks Cane

Attached Files:

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice shotty!

Good snag MGH

When ya gettin' a heat shield?

7. MGH

MGH New Member

Not sure. I want a rail for a red dot sight and a flashlight somewhere on it. I almost forgot about getting a heat shield.

8. MGH

MGH New Member

Alright heres another question:
    What should I shoot to go practice and what should I have for self-defense? I figure some sort of 00 buck but is there a brand most prefer?

I got 100 shells of Remington 2 3/4 SPORT LOAD from Wal-mart today for $19 is that good for range practice?

Again thanks for all the input.:)