Used price for G19 Gen4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by okdonk, Apr 14, 2012.

1. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Anyone knows the "average" selling price for G19 Gen4? Thinking of selling mine. Bought it last november and had shot approx 1000 rounds. Perfect conditions.

2. miay0187

miay0187 New Member

You'll be able to sell it for 500 easy.... Push like 525 for some bargaining room though.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That said I paid $400 for my gen 2

Attached Files:

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

$650 in Cali............

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I thought Gen4 is illegal in Cali?

6. PlasticGunner

PlasticGunner New Member

Here in MO I see then used in the want adds on line for about 500-550... Give your self room to play with... Every one will try to talk you down any ways.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Maybe that's why you can get $650! I've heard there is a conversion process where you can buy a new one, then reconvert it back after you get it. I suppose you can buy a used Gen 4 in CA without much hassle.

Many other places you can get a new red label boxed 19Gen4 for $530 so I guess you have to see what the going price is in your area and knock off a little since yours is used. Of course some people would pay full price to avoid the paperwork too.

People that qualify for the blue label box (police, etc.) pay a lot less but hopefully that won't be a factor in your sale.

8. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

I would hate to be a gun owner in California...They always seem to get the short end if the stick.

9. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Thx God i don't and never wanted to live in Cali. ;).

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Where are these prices coming from? Dreams? Wishful thinking? Grab a Gun $549 shipped new. Unless it has a bunch of extras $450 face to face. The ones in the want adds are there because they are priced to high.

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Its illegal to purchase a new one because its not on the "safe handgun roster" unless you have access to unsafe handguns. (ie cops,feds,military etc)

However if you purchase it used in a face to face transaction its legal.

Or if you do a single shot expemption, which adds a couple weeks to the process and brings the price up to about $750 per gun, you can get it legally.

/wrist

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Here in Oregon: $450.

For the most part (a least amongst common models), a Glock is a Glock is a Glock. I just picked up a used G27 at my local gun store for $460. The spent casing was stamped Oct of 2011, and it probably didn't have more than a box or so run through it. The G19 would be slighty more desireable, as it's probably the most popular Glock model. A new G19/G23 is $525 here...and less if you're eligible for any kind of "Homeland Security" discounts.

I'd list it for $500 and be willing to take $450+.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Thats what i thought. Its worth at least $450 for a fair price. And im sure gun stores sell used g19gen4 for around that price too.. or maybe even more. But i just never sold firearm before. Im good at ebay tho. Lol. I just have to learn i guess

14. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

Does that mean any Glock is illegal in California since of the internal safety concept?

15. Demonlx

Demonlx New Member

I mean any new Glock including new gen3's

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Probably. That's why they are expensive in some states because moat people can't get them.

17. miay0187

miay0187 New Member

Do your research "chachskee"....

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

The older gen 3 glocks are already on the list, new rules such as a magazine safety prevent the new glock g4 from getting on the roster.

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

+1 totally agree. It sounds like you should brush up on the laws a bit before you consider carrying. Ignorance of the laws will not keep you out of trouble. No offense. I realise the maze of laws in some states is ridiculous (I'm in ma), but they are setup that way for a reason, to help gun owners screw up and lose their rights.

20. caseyphx

caseyphx New Member

I sold my first 17 after 200 rounds through it for $25more than I paid for it.