used KEL TEC PF-9

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by northeastflorida86, Sep 9, 2013.

1. northeastflorida86

northeastflorida86 New Member

What is a fair price for a used pf9 pistol.

I have no handgun right now.
    I get paid thursday and i will have $250 total with tax to spend. I KNOW I SHOULD SAVE UP MORE BUT IM UNEMPLOYED AS OF FRIDAYS LAYOFF SESSION. I get a uniform deposit of $250 back.
    So... im getting a pistol.
    I want a 9mm

I want to stay away from the hi point if i can. I have had one before. Im not woried about its performance as mine operated flawless years ago when i had one.
    Its just to bulky. Ugly. Etc.

I want to say i have seen some pf9 pistols for around $200 used.

Am i right?
    Any other options for under $250?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Look for a PF9, P11, or a S&W SD9VE. Any of these used should run $250 or less.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They're available for under $200 on gunbroker.

4. northeastflorida86

I would love an sd9ve.
    My last gun was a sw9ve.
    P11 is good too. Higher cap.

5. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

If you get any of these, especially the Keltec PF9, or a keltec P11, be sure to take it out and shoot it right away. They like to break fresh out the box. No point on carrying a gun around if the firing pin is going to break on the first shot. Keltec will fix any issues you have pretty quickly, but you have to shoot the gun to find the issues.

I'm not sure about H&K or S&W but there's a thread on here that talks about bad customer service. If you're shopping in the $250 range it's probably a good idea to visit that thread to know who to stay away from. Because whatever you buy, you will almost definitely be using customer service at first.

6. northeastflorida86

Yea. I dont think ill find one new for under $250 total.

7. northeastflorida86

Im gonna go look around at the local shops before thursday.

8. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I bought a Keltec PF9 new from copsgunshop.com for $250. My friend got one from buds. They're usually hard to find locally because they're pretty popular IWB/pocket pistols. You can get them with a factory metal clip like a pocket knife has. And you can order the Keltec clip for $20 off of amazon if the gun doesn't come with it and add it with nothing but an allen wrench.

9. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

For a sub-$300 carry gun, the PF9 isn't a bad choice. For carry only. It's not a fun gun to shoot nor is it easy to be precise with.

For a general handgun, there are far better options. I'd consider a Ruger P-series the ideal semi-auto in that price range and would also look into the S&W Sigma aka SW(9/40)ve series pistols. Neither is my favorite but both are quite solid for the price.

10. northeastflorida86

Agreed.
    I couldnt believe i saw a used sw9ve for $300 at a pawn shop.
    They r $289 new at a local gun store

11. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

You should see some of the prices pistols are going for at auction around here.Friggen rediculous I saw a no name brand 38. revolver over 15 years old and in not so good condition go for over $450.00.