Use for prep

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by ss33204, Jan 17, 2013.

1. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

Anybody have any input for these?

Attached Files:

2. hoovco

hoovco New Member

I've never really used em ... They're more of a creature comfort for me. I'd rather invest in multiple pairs of really awesome socks that dry quickly.

3. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

They could save your life.... Warm hands, feet. Place in the groin and armpits if hypothermic.
    You can put them in a sealed container, where it acts as an oxygen remover.

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Edit to add... I see your coffee mug avatar, and if you're anywhere near where moose are, you should keep some in your car.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

This is what I use these for,

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'd much rather warm up with your avatar than some stupid hand warmer.

7. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

I used to use these to heat my sleeping bag when on winter drill with the ROTC

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I read this and I thought about just one thing.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqX0Hn1oB_k[/ame]

9. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

They work well enough... and don't take a lot of space... but it's more of a Winter gear thing in my car kit. I do however, take them on fall and winter canoe treks in case someone has to be fished out of the water and then have their core temp raised quickly while I get a fire started.

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Don't they have an expiration date. I use them when hunting from time to time. I have had cases ware they did not work at all. Plus they only last about 5 hrs.

11. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

They do work good when fresh. I think the packages maybe leak a little air as they have a fairly short(maybe a year) shelf life. They are light, compact, odorless(?), inexpensive, and provide almost instant heat. What's not to like?