Us Southern Boys

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 7point62, Feb 13, 2014.

1. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

know when to go for the gold. this from the fox news website article on the winter storm in the South:

Many Southerners took to makeshift sleds on the ice and snow, with at least seven people hospitalized in sledding accidents just in Georgia. Four people were hurt sledding in a kayak that crashed into a pole, said Fire Chief Ricky Pruit in Cleveland, Ga. One victim suffered leg injuries, another was knocked unconscious and lost several teeth and the other two refused treatment, he said

Anybody wanna bet alcohol was involved here? :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  2. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Being reared in north Ga., that doesn't surprise me,, I tore my leg all to Hell trying to ice skate in Japan,,, you know the southern boys' famous last words
    " Hey ya'll,,, watch this" !!!!!!!!!

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Heard on the WSB news a man in Butts County slipped on ice, struck his head on something and died.

See the Ga salt truck below.

Attached Files:

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Or trying to be included in Jackazz 13.

5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

My driveway yesterday, ice, ice baby.

Attached Files:

6. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

The view out my garage door right now!

Sleet, rain & snow forecast thru 6 am tomorrow. Yes, that's my generator in the lower right corner, ready in case we get another power outage from this storm.

I may not be a Southerner but I live only about 1/2 mile north of the Mason - Dixon Line.

Attached Files:

7. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Tough for me being a norther guy to see what all the fuss is about. Then I realized that down south you can't even buy a snow shovel! Obviously it doesn't happen enough for anyone to be prepared. So much for global warming eh? In my state we drive around in two wheel drive even when there's 8 inches of snow on the highway haha. We are just so used to it up here that it's no big deal. The plows and salt trucks are out before the first flake touches the ground. I feel for the people south of the mason Dixon line. Hope everyone down there stays safe and has enough supplies to get them through if the power goes out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

8. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Snow. Old snow. And Ice.
    ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1392297985.479405.jpg

9. TLuker

TLuker New Member

"Hold my beer" usually precedes "Hey ya'll,,, watch this"! :D

10. stratrider

stratrider New Member

Teeth? That guy must be from out of state...:D

11. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

I am from NY, but just moved back to Texas last year. I have never seen a crazier winter here before and I have lived in Texas a total of about 7 years. Now growing up in NY there are certain things you carry in your car like an ice scraper. Well the other day we had a pretty decent ice storm I was running a lil bit behind schedule so I scraped a lil hole in the icejust so i could drive my kids to school. After dropping them off I stopped at the Valero and proceeded to scrape off all of my windows when someone walks over and says to me "Hey what is that and where can I get one!" I thought it was quite comical. The other day I went into Walmart and they had a huge bucket of ice scrapers right by the door marked up way over what I would pay in NY. I guess someone was like "Oh **** we can make some money offa this!"

12. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

Well, southerners do some idiotic things in snowy or icy weather. But northerners seem to do nutty things all the time. Hasn't anybody paid attention to what goes on in NY, Chicago or Detroit on a daily basis?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

13. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Here in north Alabama we got over 4 inches. It stopped around midnight and this morning it looks amazing. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1392305096.434209.jpg it knocked out power twice but came back on almost immediately, the satellite dish was full of snow which knocked it out, and the internet went down too. 98% of the schools in the area have been closed since Tuesday, same with most businesses! Took a few pictures of the Mosin before it melted, ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1392305320.056226.jpg . I figured she'd like it in her native climate:)

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

14. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

What my back yard usually looks like in winter.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

Attached Files:

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Crazy weather this winter, in a lot of places that don't get much snow! Even here in Boise we got a lot of snow last week. Three mornings in a row I had to shovel snow off the driveway and sidewalk. Then it warmed up and rain melted the snow. Not much to see today but we've got way more than normal.

17. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Errm, yah that is why the entire cities are shut down in the north with six inches of snow. We almost always get ice with the snow in the south. I have seen a .5" of ice shut down northern cities.

So we are supposed to be better prepared for an event that happens every 4 or 5 years than cities in the north that get snow and ice every year. DOT started putting out brine monday. The brine got washed away. DOT went the extra mile to get the brine out on all the roads. Yesterday it was to cold for the brine to work. Today it is in the low 30's and the brine is working. DOT is clearing the roads. We are not as stupid as you think.

All of DOT's trucks and trailers can be prepared for winter weather in 24 hours. Right now in this area we have close to 1,000 plows clearing the roads. All the roads will be plowed in 24 hours.

Our problem is the people from NY that have 4 wheel drive and think they are god on snow. We drive slowly and carefully. The people that are transplants think they can drive 60 mph on a rough snow covered road. They drive on the sidewalks in an audi and wonder why they are stuck.

18. stag556

stag556 New Member

Ha Ha you sound fit to be tied at us no count northerners, dont get all bow up now. Guess us northerners just think snow is scarce as hens teeth in y'all's area.:D

19. string1946

string1946 New Member

When I was a kid since we didn't get much snow in middle Georgia. We used to sled on a piece of tin on a old sawdust pile.

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Soooooooooo, kayaks seat FOUR people? I thought they were solo or +1 boats? I suspect slanted reporting here. :D