US Smith Corona 03A3

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Trip83, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

Hello!! I purchased a US Smith Corona 1903A3 for around 700 dollars. It looks to be in great shape. I have uploaded several photos of the rifle along with all the markings I can find on it. I was thinking you all could tell me a little about the rifle I have. I know a little about it already from the research I have done but still am new to this. Thanks in advance!! Have a great day!!!

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

3. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

Im trying to post some pics on the thread but having some issues.. im sure it is something simple im overlooking but I do have pics of the rifle posted in my photo gallery.

4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

In the box that you type your message in there should be a little icon that allows you to insert an image. It looks like a square box with two mountains in it.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Make sure you thoroughly clean it including the bolt innards to be sure its free of cosmoline. Congrats on ownership of one of the finest bolt action rifles ever made!!

6. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

photos of rifle

Attached Files:

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

One beutiful rifle you've got :D, I've always admired the mauser/springfield rifles, but of course I'm a Mosin man though ;).

9. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

photos of rifle

Attached Files:

10. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

Thanks Jon for the advise... actually i found a video on youtube of removing the bolt and cleaning it... it was very helpful!! thx!

11. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

Thanks! I would like to get a mosin.. they are a dime a dozen!! haha... My goal is to have a nice little collection of authentic ww2 rifles... used by all sides!

12. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

If the headspace checks out ok and the bore is bright, you have a very nice 03A3. Leave it as is and enjoy shooting it. Your Smith Corona has either a 4 or 6 land barrel verses the 2 land on either the Remington or Springer and were better barrels.

Jim.....

13. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

That's one of my many goals I have regarding collections lol ;). I would love to own either a SVT 40, BAR, or STG44.... "Own either"? I mean own them all :eek:.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

bar and stg44 your getting into class3 machine guns. tons of cash

15. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

16. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I know, but one can dream:). Or I would atleast like to fire each of them at a shoot like Knob Creek or the Big Sandy Shoot.

17. Trip83

Trip83 New Member

a replica stg44 was sealing around 9k.. i would hate to see how much the real thing sales for!!