US Ranger:Bad Training?

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by MCalig, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCalig

MCalig New Member

Today a friend of mine sent me the link of a Deadliest Warrior episode.The video was about the comparision between the type 68 (AKM) and the M4.I paid much more attention to the tecnique used by the two shooters.The tecnique adopted by the North Korean guy was almost perfect. The US Ranger did it very bad and in a almost completely wrong way.
    The video is here:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTYa3dmhjc[/ame]

As you can see, these are the most evident mistakes made by the US Ranger:

ROOM 1
    1)Exposing himself too much and spending too much time to aim.The ranger shot 4 rounds, 2 in the chest(CORRECT!He was aiming to the center of the mass) 2 in the head(WRONG!He was wasting time and ammo.In a real life situation, the target would have fallen backward(shot in the chest) and there would be no time to hit it in the head).
    Possible scenario result:KIA!There were two suspects,One would be killed almost instantly by the ranger but the other one would have enough time to shot back and kill the ranger because he had no cover.
    2)Entering the room before clearing it completely(since it was more than possible to do it(both suspect were visible).He exposed himself, enabled the safety and entered the room (By jumping through the window) where an armed suspect would have enough time to shot him several times.
    Possible scenario result:KIA!No fireback capability(Safety on), No exit Strategy.No time to react effectively.
    ROOM 2
    1)He entered the room by exposing himself to much.There were two targets.One was "looking" directly at the door behind a desk, the second one was in the corner of the room.The ranger engaged the target in the corner first, walking towards it without any cover.
    Possible scenario result:KIA!The correct procedure when you're in a solo-action, is to minimize the amount of time spent by being exposed to counter-fire.He should neutralize the target behind the desk first and lean (lean right) into the room and kill the target in the corner(This is what we call "tactical sequence" in my country).In this way, he would have some cover and would have neutralized both targets in a quick and efficient way.
    ROOM 3
    Same as for ROOM 2.No cover, neither a partial one.In this case things are slightly different.There are two targets, one is laying on the bed unarmed, the second one is standing and looking in the opposite direction.I would kill the standing target first and then kill the laying one.

What is your opinion?US ranger are elite units.Shouldn't they do much better than this?

2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

It wasn't a North Korean guy bro. The rifle was.

Other than that, interesting! What's with the Finnish subtitles?

3. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

The difference in Calipars showed the destruction.

As far as the finished subtitles, the Ranger in the video was given alot of credit and they were not graded on cover and so on, his grouping was good and I thought he did rather well.

I know I won't go against him .

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Our soldiers are poorly trained. Some North Korean in a propaganda video can wipe out our entire army by himself. This can be nothing but a propaganda video because American soldiers have never trained side by side with Noth Korean soldiers.

Yet in modern warfare our planes have taken out our enemies at a rate of 4 to 1. Our soldiers have killed their enemies at a rate of at least 7 to 1.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

WTF......okay

6. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This is a TV show meant to appeal to teenage boys and wannabes. You're trying to break down and analyze the quality of Ranger training (Battle Drill 5: Enter Building/Clear Room) based on a show that pits Apache vs Gladiator and Jesse James vs Al Capone. :rolleyes:

Take time to research real US Army Ranger training. The guys that get that tab have earned it the hard way. I've known many of them, I even humped a few courses with them. They kick ***.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzbr6fPDmkE[/ame]

8. seancslaughter

the show is bullspit. If they wanted accuracy they should have put a real squad of Active Duty US Army Rangers against A real squad of North Korean Commandos. Instead they got a SOUTH KOREAN expert on North Korea(How do you become an expert in the most secretive regime on earth) and a Green Beret(Who is not a Ranger) who use different tactics than Rangers.

9. MCalig

MCalig New Member

Hey man....I've trained with a couple if them in Serbia, that's why I'm disappointed about this video.The guys that I know are badass as hell and wouldn't make the same mistakes-I can assure you 100%

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Clear a room? No problem.

Hand me the frags.

What do you mean there is another way?????:confused:

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Mmmm, you're generous. I'd call in an airstrike, and go home for a beer.

12. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I'm sure they were given a safety guideline before the show. And I don't know about you but I'm not going to clear a building on a bs TV show the same as I would on an op.

13. MCalig

MCalig New Member

Assuming that you have no frag but have to clear a room...what would you do?

14. seancslaughter

Not clear it by myself! I would have a four man team at least. Bang and clear the way I was trained

15. MCalig

MCalig New Member

True but..we are talking about tactics right? You have to clear a room and you have to do it well.If the enemy is still alive and you're dead beacuse you made a mistake that means you didn't do your job well.It doesn't matter if you're a green berret, Navy seal, ranger or whoever else.Am I wrong?

16. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

M26A1 with a M204A1 fuse!!!:cool:

17. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

By working for its main enemy, the Republic of Korea :)

All said and done, this is a popular TV show, not a classified instructional video. It is more or less an equivalent of Recoil or Firepower, the "gun lifestyle" magazines.

18. seancslaughter

The way I was trained kicker kicks the door throws flash rolls to the side(on outside of door) team leader goes through the door and decides which way to go depending on which side is the heaviest(Has most bad guys) and proceeds to head to the far corner the rest of the team enters and staggers which direction they go. When all is said and done there will be a man in every corner with intersecting fields of fire and dead BG's littering the ground. If more doors are present rinse and repeat.

19. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

No, you are not wrong. Once you are here awhile or do more post, you will figure out who the thread beaters are. :D

20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Call in air support or artillery. Why would any soldier risk his men clearing a shack? If I was there alone I know I am not Rambo. I wouldn't enter a house knowing I am out numbered. Plus I would give away my position. I would reduce my chances of getting home to zero once the posse started trailing me. No, thanks I will let the North Koreans fight stupidly.

I agree with some of the other members that is a stupid show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.