Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Soft armor I assume. The price for the armor sounds decent. You could probably get a carrier cheaper. I'm actually waiting for delivery of my carrier. I paid like $50. It takes 3a soft front and back as well as hard and it has the cumberbun that takes side plates.
Can you get just the armor from them?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mountainman13 said:
Soft armor I assume. The price for the armor sounds decent. You could probably get a carrier cheaper. I'm actually waiting for delivery of my carrier. I paid like $50. It takes 3a soft front and back as well as hard and it has the cumberbun that takes side plates.
Can you get just the armor from them?
Ya there's def cheaper carriers but us palm refuses to sell the soft armor inserts separately :(

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Yeah I was watching some videos on them. They do the job but definitely throw away carriers. There's no replacing the armor. You get shot you just buy a whole new setup. I think if you look around you can get the us palm cheaper anyway. Maybe eBay.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mountainman13 said:
Yeah I was watching some videos on them. They do the job but definitely throw away carriers. There's no replacing the armor. You get shot you just buy a whole new setup. I think if you look around you can get the us palm cheaper anyway. Maybe eBay.
Ya there's def some more attractive looking carriers. I just wish US Palm sold the inserts separately!!

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
naf84 said:
Ya there's def some more attractive looking carriers. I just wish US Palm sold the inserts separately!!
You and me both. Great price. Probably because they can't be replaced.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mountainman13 said:
You and me both. Great price. Probably because they can't be replaced.
Apparently you can buy replacements once you already buy the defender carrier & insert together. They just won't sell the insert to someone who doesn't own the defender carrier they make.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
naf84 said:
Apparently you can buy replacements once you already buy the defender carrier & insert together. They just won't sell the insert to someone who doesn't own the defender carrier they make.
Hmm good to know. It looked like they don't come out. If they do I may buy one. $300 isn't bad for the inserts and I'll have a back up vest. I'll save some money up front and worse case senario if I take a hit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mountainman13 said:
Hmm good to know. It looked like they don't come out. If they do I may buy one. $300 isn't bad for the inserts and I'll have a back up vest. I'll save some money up front and worse case senario if I take a hit.
Ya that's prob what I'll end up doing. It's still the best price out there for basic soft armor.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
naf84 said:
Ya that's prob what I'll end up doing. It's still the best price out there for basic soft armor.
Once I come up with the cash for that I'll start the search for hard plates. Lol
Gotta get my spikes AR first though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mountainman13 said:
Once I come up with the cash for that I'll start the search for hard plates. Lol
Gotta get my spikes AR first though.
Oh the never ending wish list

1 - 14 of 14 Posts