UPS guy made my day

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Fireguy4, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

I rushed home today to make sure that I was there to physically sign for a bulk order of ammo, only to find a notice on my door saying that I had missed UPS.. Knowing that I would not be around tomorrow to sign for the second attempt, I called UPS and made arrangements to pick up my package. It just kinda sucked that I was going to have to drive a half hour to pick up a box that was at my house an hour before.. But it just so happened that 20 minutes after making other arrangements there was a knock at my door. The same driver came back around to my place at the end of his route and noticed a truck in the driveway so he stopped and dropped it off. I didn't even know the guy. Prolly not a big deal to ya'll, but its little stuff like that that makes me happy. Not to mention the 330 rounds of hard to come by .223 rounds..

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

That's is really cool. Just remember to pay it forward

3. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

4. vincent

vincent New Member

I think it's great the driver came back for a second try...Ya don't see that everyday...

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

maybe he is also a shooter and knew what the ORM tag on the box meant. hehe

6. vincent

vincent New Member

I thought the same thing...:)

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

OK, you slug- now send a Thank You email to UPS, with your tracking number. :p

Get the driver an attaboy to help counter the complaint a customer will make about things the driver really has no control over.

Do what you can to encourage folks that go beyond. Best way to have that stuff keep happening.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

So do I!

[​IMG]

9. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

Sounds like a good idea to me

10. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

For some reason UPS guys always seem to be much better than the rest of the delivery drivers.

11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

it must be a conspiracy!!< places tinfoil hat firmly on head>

12. wechols

wechols Member Lifetime Supporter

I work for ups. The drivers are pushed hard. He went out of his way. Kudos

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The UPS drivers in this area run a route much like the mail person. It's pretty easy to chase him down. Getting him to release the package is almost as bad as airport security. But if you have ID and no bombs in your shoes you can get your package.

14. Fireguy4

Fireguy4 New Member

I guess I'd be ineligible..