Upper Advice

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Squawk, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I'm trying to decide on a Upper to order tonight. I've narrowed it to PSA and BCM. My main question: Is BCM worth the extra $100 over the PSA? Both are 16" Mid-length with 1:7 twist. I figure I better order one tonight before something possibly changes.

Thoughts

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

BCM has a better rep, faster shipping and better customer service.

PSA has all the right specs, better price point, slow shipping (they are suuuuper popular), and hard to reach customer service.

these points are facts. Value is a judgement call what's a $100 to you?

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Right now, $100 is a lot. I still need a LBK, BCG and charging handle to complete one lower. The second lower is going to be a 20" or 24" Target rifle.

Not worried about how long it takes to ship so much as I am reliability and longevity. I've heard good things about both. Was just wondering if BCM is $100 better than PSA? The specs seem pretty much identical.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I have BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA uppers and am impressed with PSA's quality for the money. I'd say BCM is worth $100 more but no way you're making a poor choice with PSA. All three uppers work equally well, I'm confident with each one. Choose the upper that fits your budget and timetable best.

I sorta compromised and put a BCM BCG and a Daniel Defense charging handle in my PSA upper. Actually that was done because PSA was out of stock so I ordered from BCM and had the spare CH! :D

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

+1 to what AT said. $100 more is dang sure worthy for a better reputation and faster service! If you aren't in hurry and in a tight budget, PSA would be your better choice.

Once again if i were you, i'd go with BCM!