UPDATE on Girsan Night Sights

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by new_girsan_1911, Apr 3, 2013.

1. new_girsan_1911

new_girsan_1911 New Member

Ok boys I have to let you know what I have found and done to my MC1911HC (hard chrome) while installing Fusion Firearms adjustable night sights.
    1) the front dovetail on "my Girsan" was a hair over the .330" so I had to shim the front sight about .020" under the sight.
    2) the rear I had machined to Novak specs all but the width of the dovetail since the Fusion Firearms sight was under the .496" which I believe is the standard, the sight was .494" so my machinist went just a hair under that he didnt recall what he went to.
    3) the height adjustment screw for the sight was proud or protruding from the bottom of the sight so I had to just run it across a stone a few times to allow the sight to be pressed into the dovetail.

After all this I have to wait until tomorrow to go test them out UGH :rollseyes I know you will all want a range report and you will have it as soon as I get done shooting tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you're holding it crooked!:p

seriously, looks good so far.:D

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Looks great, good job.

4. new_girsan_1911

Thanks Gator and Axxe and give me a break Axxe i was holding it off hand and trying to take a picture at the same time :p

5. Axxe55

well then, your camera was crooked!:p

6. new_girsan_1911

Thats better since i am not a professional photographer lmao :p

7. Axxe55

well that's readily apparent!:p

good job on the sights. how do you like the Fusion sights?

8. new_girsan_1911

Like the looks will know more when i shoot it but sight picture is alot better than the mil spec sights that were on it.

9. mistahcakes

mistahcakes New Member

was this the sight from fusion you install Adjustable Novak Style Combat Sight, Trijicon Night Sight? Ive been playing the same fitting game you have

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Good job! Please keep us updated as things go on.

11. new_girsan_1911

Yes they are the same. And i have shot it since installing them and found out my front sight came loose so i am in touch with Fusion and going to send them my front sight for a new one since i found out the front sight was actually smaller than the .330" than they stated and not that my dovetail was to big.

12. mistahcakes

mistahcakes New Member

awsome most likely ill be going with the same choice. Did the dove cut need to moved up at all to prevent the rear sight from hanging over the hammer. That was a problem ive been trying to avoid.

13. new_girsan_1911

Yeah unfortunately but if you have a good machinist its no problem.