Update: new eotech n 3x mag

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by glockmania, Sep 16, 2012.

1. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Just bought new optics for my first build. The xps2-0 n PSA 3x magnifier. Still haven't been able to go to the range :( but next week will have the range report. Can't wait any longer

image-2590214014.jpg

Any advise on distance from mounting. And so forth would be appreciated. Thx

Attached Files:

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Think your magnifier is a bit far forward.

Eye relief on those suckers is pretty terrible. Can you sight through it standing freehand? Might want to sort that out before heading to the range.

Also try zeroing your sights by taking off your upper and sighting through the barrel before getting through the range. Will have you a bit on ammo and get you on paper first shot.

3. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I got my EXPS2-0 with the 3x LER zoom from Primary Arms as well...loving it!

It looks like you go the mount for your zoom that flips tot he side though? How is that working out? They were sold out when I got my optics, but REALLY want that flip tot he side mount....

edit to add: If you have the LER (long eye relief) then you have ti mounted about where I have mine, and it's in a perfect position :D

4. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

what is that directly under the EO reticle? it looks kinda like your front BUS with possibly a tritium dot in the center, but idk.......kinda like a Star Wars Tie Bomber. :D

if so, then line your EO reticle up left and right with it.....as for up and down, well, how close is your BUS?

5. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Yeah I should of just spent the extra $30 on the ler. Idk why I didn't. Wonder if I can switch it out if I call em. If it ain't to late. I can site thru but pretty damn close to it

So take the upper off n how do I go bout that. Mayb I can YouTube it.

6. glockmania

glockmania New Member

No bro. I don't know why I didn't go with the ler. Jumped the gun to quick. Thinkn bout getting a fts mount. Just got the qd

7. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Yeah my front buis is up w the eotech.

I got a 9 " omega rail. So my buis is as far as it will go on Tge rail

8. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Just bought a laser bore sighter. It worked out great for zeroing in. Next step is the range might go today. :)

9. glockmania

glockmania New Member

image-2373364118.jpg

Finally went to the range. Indoor tho. So only bout 30/35 yrds. :( Just went to zero in the eotech. No magnifier today. The laser bore was ok still had to adjust a few clicks. But after that. It went straight down the middle. Only 20 rounds.after I zeroed in. Just a short lil visit :(

Loving this eotech. Can't wait to put a couple hundred rounds down range when I get a chance.

Attached Files:

10. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Good job! They are great little devices.

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Especially with a magnifier, you should have gone the extra quarter-mile and gotten the EXPS2-0, which has the side buttons instead of the rear buttons.

The "Tie Fighter" is the front sight post, I believe. It does look a little funny, though.

12. Poltax

Poltax New Member

I have the EXPS2-2. With the 3X magnifier. My wife has the same set up. I really like it and have been to a couple of carbine classes with them. My wife stated that it has been the best money spent. Side on and off buttons are the bomb.

Top dot is dead on out to 200 yards. Bottom dot is right on at 400 yards. My wife shot her AR at the 400 yard target and hit it right off the bat.

13. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Thanks. They r a nice piece of equipment. And I wish I did now. Didn't know any better I made the same mistake not getting the ler for my mag. Mayb I'll sell em alil down the road n upgrade em

14. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Sweet. Thought bout the 2 moa dots but don't shoot that far plus there's not a range close enough that has excess to 400 yrd Have any pics

15. glockmania

glockmania New Member

So keep em down then while running the eo

16. glockmania

glockmania New Member

One question tho. If I take the eotech off for safer storage for the time being. Would I have to zero everything back in

17. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

No should be fine as long as it goes back on the same spot on your rail.

18. rugerry

rugerry New Member

Mark ur rail n make sure its put back in the same spot. Zero may b slightly off but eotechs are really good with holding zero

19. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Yeah I figured that just wanted the pros opinions. Thx

20. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Some good news. Primary arms is exchanging my magnifier for the ler 3x mag. Or the 6x mag. Just have to pay shipping.

What's better the ler 3x. Or should I go with Tge six mag.