Update Cammenga Easy Mag

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JonM, Mar 13, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

took the 458 socom RRA midlength to the range today along with the easy mags. the socom does NOT like these mags. i had numerous fail to feeds across the board with all the easymags. switched to standard AR milsups no problems. i will be reserving the easy mags for .223/5.56 only. the socom rounds would lodge with the nose of the bullet above the chamber 2 or 3 times per mag.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is NOT good to hear. Please forward your findings to Cammenga as they would definitely be interested to hear the results and may have already discovered a solution.

I apologize for recommending them for this application. For 5.56mm they work great for me but I don't, as yet, own a .458 :eek:

JD

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

you didnt recomend em for 458socom :) i put em to the purpose.

im really pleased with em for 5.56 they are flawless. ill take one to the range next time take a pic of the jam and send it to em.

there are couple of other folks here that have socoms and easy mags i hope some of them reply and see if they too are having problems or its just my particular loads.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Perhaps they are aware and have a different follower for .458? :confused:

I am glad that you found them valuable for the 5.56mm platform though.

I would definitely contact them.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i will. but i dont wanna buy another part just for the 458 i dont shoot it that much. i got over 100 milsurp mags that work fine. most are battlefield pickups my best bud sent me from iraq.

6. WoodysKJ

WoodysKJ New Member

JonM,
    Not to hijack the thread or anything like that, but your signature Pic of the donkey doing what evere it is it is doing? Is that a sticker, I NEED ONE!!!!!!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am just wondering if they have a fix or not. If the mags won't feed the .458 correctly, that is a BIG deal. For all their benefits (construction, material and ease of use) if they don't work for other calibers, that is a really big deal.

The .458 is a popular caliber right now. If the mags don't feed it, people need to know that, or they need to know that Cammenga has a fix available.

If you want, I'll call them and talk to them about it.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

you can if you want but ill send a email tonite after dinner

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

its the democrat donkey sticking its head up its @ss. i found it on the interweb dunno if its a sticker or not lol

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I just picked up a Cammenga. Pretty cool design! I hope to try it out next weekend...

I like your avatar too, JonM... :D

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

your gonna love em. they are the freekin sht for 5.56

if i was offered twce what i paid for em i wouldnt give em up

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I just read about that on the 458socomforum last week. :eek: I haven't loaded any of the Cammenga's with 458 yet but based on the reviews there and yours here I'll probably only try 1 and see how it goes. Right now I just have 10 Pmags allocated for my AR458 but those are not getting good reviews either. :eek: Most of the fellas on the other forum are using the standard GI mags and are not experiencing any troubles. I guess if the Pmags don't run well I'll have to order some of them too ... now where's my pruning saw for the money tree? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  13. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got some pmags. only ran one mag worth of 458 out of one didnt have any trouble but thats not much of a test.